Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can it be done without the engine light on?

friend of mine is getting screwed and the mechanic says he can't run diagnostics without the light being on .. is that true?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I'm not Ryan by a long shot but I would think that a mechanic using a diagnostics machine can pull the codes regardless...:shrug

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
You can pull codes with the engine light off.
some codes are miner enuff that they dont turn on the light.

If he means the light does not work, you can still pull codes with a scanner.

What kind of vehichle is it.
Becouse if its not a Ford, It may be diferant.:shrug

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
According to ryans site you can even get the codes if the light is burned out and you don't have a scanner.......Sounds fishy to me...Fog

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I thought so

it's a shitbox mazda 626 and he was charged over $300 to replace the air intake hose that had a crack in it ... all scumbags up here I tell ya

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Now I see why they won't let you Canuks have guns.......I hope he at least got a "reach around"!!!! Fog

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Foghorn said:
According to ryans site you can even get the codes if the light is burned out and you don't have a scanner.......Sounds fishy to me...Fog
yea you can, the folowing is from Ryans site FORDFUELINJECTION.COM

If you are a lost soul that does not have a working engine light, or did not install a light into your dash don’t fret. You can still get the codes. You still need that wire to ground out the STI. Now you will need one of the following tools; digital volt meter, analog volt meter, test light, or you can hook up any other 12 volt light that does not draw more than 0.5 watts max.

again the above is taken from FORDFUELINJECTION.COM

see it for your self here http://fordfuelinjection.com/selftest.html

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Gacknar said:
yea you can, the folowing is from Ryans site FORDFUELINJECTION.COM

If you are a lost soul that does not have a working engine light, or did not install a light into your dash don’t fret. You can still get the codes. You still need that wire to ground out the STI. Now you will need one of the following tools; digital volt meter, analog volt meter, test light, or you can hook up any other 12 volt light that does not draw more than 0.5 watts max.

again the above is taken from FORDFUELINJECTION.COM

see it for your self here http://fordfuelinjection.com/selftest.html
That the section I was refering to.....I just didn't post it. The "fishy" I was refering to was the mechanic saying it can't be done... Did not mean to sound as if I was Dissing the Guru. Sorry for the confusion....Fog:beer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts