Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title how sucky is it pulling an engine out of lets say a truck lifted 6 inches? My lift should be here 1/30 and I want to put it in but soon I will have to be pulling the motor to swap it out. Should I wait to fix the motor first?

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
put some stock wheels and tires on it. we call them rollers. i only put them on the front when pulling an engine and i let all the air out. or just put stock wheels on and no tires at all.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
at work we used to have several pairs of plain steel wheels with no tires, when we had to pull a body we'd put the truck on the steelies so we wouldn't have to jack the body too high, worked well till we got a lift, now we never need them
i've seen people use forklifts to pull engines, tow trucks, and i figure i could set up a two post lift to do it fairly easily
a gantry crane would be nice though

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
I have pulled my motor twice, the first time it had a 6 inch lift and the second was after the SAS (which is right aroung 8 inch of lift), I have never needed to pull the front clip off...all you need to do is let the air out of the tires, I have also never needed to pull the hood off.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Redwagon you just use an engine hoist? That's all I got.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts