Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have this problem where my speedo starts to pulsate at around 54 mph and causes the crusie to pulsate also....anyone know how to fix this problem??? thanks...Dan:shrug

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
And hope all thats wrong is the VSS. Could be a driveshaft joint, or worst case ring gear is failing

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
or it could be your PSOM...
yup...pricey too, about 370 bucks. but try a speed sensor first, if that dosent do it then check the tone ring on the rear diff.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i replaced the speed sensor on mine when the speedo was
not moving. after install speedo would jump around. turned out
to be bad wiring harness.
john:shrug

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm...so many ideas...i guess ill do some trial and error. Its just real strange because it i set the cruise at 54 its fine, but if i set it at 55 or more, you can watch the gas pedal jump up and down. i dont know...thanx for the info guys.:thumbup

·
Registered
122 Posts
i think i know the problem. i just last week got my speedo cable replaced cause it broke and i didn't have enought time to fix it. before my speedo would pulsate but after it got fixed it stopped. any one else think this will fix it?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
LargeCar said:
hmmm...so many ideas...i guess ill do some trial and error. Its just real strange because it i set the cruise at 54 its fine, but if i set it at 55 or more, you can watch the gas pedal jump up and down. i dont know...thanx for the info guys.:thumbup
if you havea scope you could hook it up to the wire through the cab, and take it fro a test drive to see the pattern the sensor could be giving off, but most poeple dont have the tools for this...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts