Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i have to do to bolt a saginaw power steering pump onto my 351m in my 78?

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
One easy way is to just snag a Sag off of a 400 Lincoln or big Mercury..same years basically..76-80 or thereabouts.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
My local Napa has the 'HD' pump (which is the Sag upgrade) listed as 'R&R only' now..meaning you have to turn in yours to get it rebuilt. Kinda tough when you are looking for one to start with. That is why I started just using the Lincoln pumps and plugging the unused return line if I don't have Hydroboost (but most of my stuff does have it..and all will eventually)

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
bmc69 said:
One easy way is to just snag a Sag off of a 400 Lincoln or big Mercury..same years basically..76-80 or thereabouts.
Unless you have air or OBA, then it don't fit and/or you can't check the fluid ever again. :banghead

·
Registered
132 Posts
Saginaw # 20-6244. Direct bolt-in no mods req'd. Ck all auto parts stores in your area - they may have one in a warehouse.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
OX1 said:
Unless you have air or OBA, then it don't fit and/or you can't check the fluid ever again. :banghead
???..the York AND the Sag Hboost pump on my EB 400 came off the same Lincoln donor..brackets and all. What you got that causes the problem, Ox?

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
bmc69 said:
???..the York AND the Sag Hboost pump on my EB 400 came off the same Lincoln donor..brackets and all. What you got that causes the problem, Ox?
Bracket I got off a late 70's T-bird. Pretty sure it was not using a york AC pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts