Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some history.. My 93 has 290k on it. It has been meticulously maintained, and if you saw it in person, you'd never think any part of it had over 100k on it. That being said, the transmission has had what I throught was a torque converter clutch stutter. It also had HARD shifts, which I almost attributed to a possible PO shift kit and good fluid pressures. I had recently replaced the fluid with Redline synthetic, some of the best stuff. While it seemed to help slightly, it did not solve my problem.

Before pulling the transmission and replacing the torque converter, I thought I'd give one of Paul's Punisher Valve bodies a shot. About 10% the cost to pull the transmission, get a quality converter and rebuild it while it was out (do it once, do it right).

The piece is the front accumulator body in the transmission, quick 13 bolts and nuts and it's out and in. An hour job.

The difference is quickly noticeable. My shifts hold SLIGHTLY longer, the hard shifts are gone, but are now just 'firm' which is how it should be from the factory new. The fact that the shifts hold a few hundred more RPM and now when it shifts into 4th when slowly cruising, it doesn't hit that spot that would cause the stutter. If I'm in 4th at 35-40 mph, this thing instantly and almost unnoticeably drops down into 3rd, a few hundred RPM difference to eliminate my stutter. It's amazing. It's not a neck snapper, which I didn't want, it's like I overhauled the whole transmission.

If anyone has the stutter, try new quality fluid. If that doesn't work, before you drop $2k plus, give one of these a shot. I couldn't be more satisfied.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If I had to guess they'd be the part he wouldn't be able to answer. I'm not using a stock ECU but instead the Baumann controller.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Odd, he replied to me the same day. What email are you using?

I reached him at : [email protected]
Sent to [email protected] on 9/21.

Maybe my question was too challenging.

EDIT, found him on this site, sent a PM.
I just checked. I have no record of email from you or anyone regarding an e4od for that matter on 921. I even checked my trash folder..... resend your email or text me 203 560 2848. I typically answer my emails very quickly unless they have to be long-winded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts