Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just "finished" my frame off build. I turned my woods truck into a decent daily. When I took everything apart, I'm pretty sure it was in 4 wheel. Now that I put everything together and driving it, it sounds to me the t-case is engaged (no front shaft yet) the button is not doing anything. I know that it worked before I took it apart.

My question Is, is there anyway to jump the motor on the t-case change from 4 to 2 using a 12 volt power source? I would just like to dis-engage for the moment until I can get my hands on a manual shift t-case.

Thank You!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
1,190 Posts
You could take the motor off and shift it manually if all you need to to shift it. I'm sure you could jump it but I don't have my schematics with me to tell you which wires to hit. IIRC the motor is held on by 3 bolts. There is a triangle shaped shaft you can rotate manually with some pliers. 5 min to do.

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
1,190 Posts
Here is the best pic I have of the shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That thing took a pounding, but it looks like the A & B pillar stayed intact. Also the rocker looks straight
I had to do full quarters, both rockers, both sail panels, fenders, and the pass side door. oh and the rear support rail lol. The entire thing was cut apart. I even had to do body work on the roof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts