Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that on my '93 w/ a 351 that the push rods are differant sizes. that to ajust the valves you replace the push rods lenghts. this does not sound right to me. But just for peace of mind is this true or not.

"Ford valves are ajusted by replacing the push rod lenghts and not by the bolt on top!"

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
You've got to have some non-factory valve train geometry to necessitate different-than-factory pushrod length. There's already a great deal of automatic adjustment from the hydraulic lifters. Even then, you're not "adjusting the valves," you're getting proper valve train geometry by eliminating valve lash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I prefer the shop manual if you can afford one...ebay's a good place to find it...but as far as ford is concerned the pushrods are of equal length...they are 8.20'' long and of course take 16....like sig said it just sets the correct lash...you may want to replace lifters while you're that far into it.....

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
ya mine you just tighten and torque the rocker bolts and done...no adjustment about it....now my older chevys were a PITA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts