Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i was just curious if anyone has swapped or changed there pushbutton 4x4 to manual 4x4 engagement and how hard it is to do it? thanks i just hate the pushbutton 4x4 i had it in my bronco 2 and kept hittin it by accident and all round i jus didnt like it seemed like it was jus waiting to fail

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Shiftser. Installing it eliminates the push-buttons completely.

(How do you guys hit it? I've never accidentally hit it, I'm 6'1... The Bronco has so much room, how can you hit it lol)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Shiftser. Installing it eliminates the push-buttons completely.

(How do you guys hit it? I've never accidentally hit it, I'm 6'1... The Bronco has so much room, how can you hit it lol)
He said Bronco II

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I might end up doing the swap some day. We'll see. I've heard some bad things about the motor going on on people. But on my 93 never had an issue. We'll see on the harder wheelin in the new truck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i said i had the pushbutton in my bronco 2 i no longer have that i jus got an 88 eb fsb thas the one i was askin about but nevermind everyone i asked this question before i got it i just assumed it had it because all of them ive been lookin at did but i jus picked the truck up today and its a lever actuated 4x4 so im happy thanks anyway guys

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm also interested in doing this swap someday, but the shifster concept is capturing my interest as a temporary fix. My electronic 4wd doesn't work at all, and this would get me going for the time being.

Who sells the shifster?

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I'm also interested in doing this swap someday, but the shifster concept is capturing my interest as a temporary fix. My electronic 4wd doesn't work at all, and this would get me going for the time being.

Who sells the shifster?
RickyB, and it's awesome.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,443 Posts
there is a write up on the ectric shift motors, not hard to dissassemble and clean to make them work like new. maybe someone will link, but if not you can search it. and i like the push button! just like my impact it always hits hard!!:beer

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
When my motor went out on mine, I just used a ratchet to engage, disengage, untiil I got around to gettin a new T-case

1 - 10 of 10 Posts