Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Discussion Starter #1
So... I'm working with a couple different members, trying to put together the front part of a 4" lift for my 1990 Custom.
Both members I'm talking to have '86's and one just took his off for an SAS swap, another put together some parts (like I am) and then decided to go a different direction (cut/turned beams).

The one taking his off, says it's a ProComp Stg. II, so I went and looked up some stats for the ProComp. I noticed the listing given seems to show a different Stg.II for '81-'89 & '90-'96. This is just that much more confusing, considering the years they list are not the same years as the generational splits.

So... the base question here is, what are the differences between the lifts and can I get the TTB and RA brackets to work without too much hassle?
I'm totally unsure of what the actual difference is... frame width or TTB style or what... :banghead

General info: I've already got the leaf brackets for the 4.5" lift in the rear (thnx gadawgz) and 35" AT tires and solid Outlaw rims, just waiting. I just need to figure out and put together the front parts.

Bronco Snob
As far as I know, the only differences in frames between 80-96 were the early 80's swiss cheese speed hole design, and the change to the front frame horns in the early 90's. Otherwise...all the dimensions are the same(where it matters). Part of the 4" lift I'm doing (axle drop brackets sway bar drop brackets) is a Tuff Country off an 82 f150, but the extended radius arms are off a 93 Bronco. The drop pitman arm is off a 88 or so Bronco. So, I think the short answer to your question is, 80-96 Bronco or F-150 TTB lifts are interchangeable. Doing mine soon..could use some company :goodfinge

Discussion Starter #3
yea yea... when you get your poop in a group, let me know. :goodfinge

I was counting on yours as a learning experience for mine but then j.g.regan had a setup to get rid of and sloride just offered up his brackets and both are running an '86.

I would have thought the only real difference might be bolt pattern that might require some more drilling and if the placement was real bad... could potentially weaken that bracket w/out re-enforcement welding to patch it up. :shrug

Registered
Don't know why they'd have two diffrent ones considering other lifts only offer one for those year bronco and f-150 also. No help from me. Sorry

The Anti Yam!
If there is a difference, it is something very minor. More than likely Pro-Comp is wrong and running two Part numbers for two kits with the exact same parts.

Manufacturers screw stuff up like that all the time. Kinda like BBK says there CNC headers will fit an F-150 but will not fit a Bronco. Funny, I know of plenty of Broncos, including mine that run those headers.

Go ahead and get the kit. :thumbup

Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty then... Thanks guys! :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts