Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got an 88, but I'm going to be putting a 460 in. I got lucky and got one out of a 71 Lincoln, but the heads that came on it are a 73 lincoln. Do any of you guys know how to tell if those are the police interceptor heads, and if they are worth sprucing up? I found specs on the int/ext ports, but I can't remember what they are off the top of my head. Any of you know a good website with specs. for Ford cylinder heads?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Try 460ford.com, they've got some great threads about this kinda stuff.
"The police intercepter heads had the same size valves as the Cobra Jets. 2.19 intakes and 1.73 exhaust. The port size of the P.I head were small then the C.J but still larger then the stock heads.

PORTS:
Cobra Jet : 2.51 X 2.11 intake - 2.25 X 1.30 Exhaust

P.I. Heads : 2.20 X 1.93 intake - 2.06 X 1.31 Exhaust

Stock head:2.18 X 1.87 intake - 1.99 X 1.30 Exhaust."

·
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also get the casting numbers so we can see exactly what you got.
block is D1VE--
head is D3V3--

I've found what they all mean. Those are the casting numbers right?

460FSB-What do you suggest I do with the heads?

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Not too familiar with those heads, but IIRC they're a 95cc chamber, so you'll want to get a different style piston to bump up compression. You're motor should have came with D0VE-C's which are a 76cc chamber head.

·
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a newb at this, but maybe port them to the specs of the C.J.'s?! Mostly just a search whore.
460ford.com also has a lot of threads on the requirements for reaching a certain HP goal.

It's cool, I'm a N00B when it comes to some things as well. I got 460ford. open in another tab, found one on how to get 450 hp. and thats what i need..well WANT!

·
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not too familiar with those heads, but IIRC they're a 95cc chamber, so you'll want to get a different style piston to bump up compression. You're motor should have came with DOVE-C's which are a 76cc chamber.
I guess I passed this one up, yes, they are D0VE pistons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.