Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen the procomp shock set up with the dual remote reservoir shocks? anybody ever tried using something like that on our 78-9 broncos? dave you mentioned when you removed your front ones it was better, like taking off the sway bars. do you mean it flexes better or what? i still dont know what will be what when the D60 goes in. who knows what i will be able to keep and what i will have to change. thats not a rhetorical question, i want to know who knows the answer... lol

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
shocks arent going to change your flex rate unless they are severly preloaded and push the axle down an extra nch, btu big deal.

tpo get your shocks to work best it would be best to do lots of measuring where you want to mount the shock. measure maximum up travel, and maximum down travel. then see what shock works best for your application
you may have to move the shock monts to get it to work right.

also, if its mounted in front of the axle it will uise a longer shock, and progressivly use a smallerl ength shock as you mount it on the radius atrm and continuie brin g it back towards the radius rm frame mount.

the more you bring it back towards the radiius arm frame mount, the less dampining the shock acually does, but it uses a smaller cheaper shock........
you have to comprimise...
try mounting it on the radius arm just behind the axle tube.

so get out youir tape measure, go to town

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does that reply have to do with my post?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
dave you mentioned when you removed your front ones it was better, like taking off the sway bars. do you mean it flexes better or what?
his front ones where probably not the perfect length for his application..... also since his was in front of the axle. read my post...

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zach i read your post. did you read mine? its asking about the shock hoop on the procomp lifts and the dual reservoir shocks. i asked dave to clarify what he meant by his comments. i didnt ask you to tell us what you thought about his perspective. nothing personal, your an ok person i guess. we have done business together with no issues. its just that nothing you posted is relevant to my particular question. i know how to figure out where to put my shocks. my question was specific to the procomp setup and its application to the 78-79 years of bronco and daves comments about the truck felt when the front shocks were removed. shocks can change the flex rate of a vehicle. if they were too short before and you add longer ones they will change the flex by allowing the axle to drop without the shock stopping travel. i already know that i will have to move shock mounts as i am adding a wristed arm and crossover steering with the tie rod behind the axle. anybody with a quad setup knows that the front one is longer and the behind the axle is shorter. we all know you know alot, but your reply contributes nothing to my original post. AXE

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geez, dont get your panties in a knot. i will end up doing just that. do you always resort to profanity? do you kiss your mom with that mouth? i didnt see a 78-9 on your trailer but i do appreciate your input. keep going...

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
axaviere said:
geez, dont get your panties in a knot. i will end up doing just that. do you always resort to profanity? do you kiss your mom with that mouth? i didnt see a 78-9 on your trailer but i do appreciate your input. keep going...
well, ive owned a coil sprung 78 bronco, so... :goodfinge

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and so tell us all, how did the pro comp dual shock kit work on your 78? and when you removed the front two shocks after having the quad setup, what was that like? do tell, i cant wait to read your feelings on this matter.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
axaviere said:
and so tell us all, how did the pro comp dual shock kit work on your 78? and when you removed the front two shocks after having the quad setup, what was that like? do tell, i cant wait to read your feelings on this matter.
dont know, as i only drove it about the last 20 feet of its life up onto my trailer.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BadassBronco said:
well, ive owned a coil sprung 78 bronco, so... :goodfinge
my bad dude, with all that 20 minutes in a 78 under your belt, i should kneel before the one true authority in this matter. bless us with your learned opinion on the handling characteristics on that 20 foot trail run...

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
axaviere said:
my bad dude, with all that 20 minutes in a 78 under your belt, i should kneel before the one true authority in this matter. bless us with your learned opinion on the handling characteristics on that 20 foot trail run...
trail run? parking lot to trailer!

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:stupid heres your sign, read the bottom sig line...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts