Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12,086 Posts
shocks arent going to change your flex rate unless they are severly preloaded and push the axle down an extra nch, btu big deal.

tpo get your shocks to work best it would be best to do lots of measuring where you want to mount the shock. measure maximum up travel, and maximum down travel. then see what shock works best for your application
you may have to move the shock monts to get it to work right.

also, if its mounted in front of the axle it will uise a longer shock, and progressivly use a smallerl ength shock as you mount it on the radius atrm and continuie brin g it back towards the radius rm frame mount.

the more you bring it back towards the radiius arm frame mount, the less dampining the shock acually does, but it uses a smaller cheaper shock........
you have to comprimise...
try mounting it on the radius arm just behind the axle tube.

so get out youir tape measure, go to town

· Registered
12,086 Posts
axaviere said:
geez, dont get your panties in a knot. i will end up doing just that. do you always resort to profanity? do you kiss your mom with that mouth? i didnt see a 78-9 on your trailer but i do appreciate your input. keep going...
well, ive owned a coil sprung 78 bronco, so... :goodfinge

· Registered
12,086 Posts
axaviere said:
and so tell us all, how did the pro comp dual shock kit work on your 78? and when you removed the front two shocks after having the quad setup, what was that like? do tell, i cant wait to read your feelings on this matter.
dont know, as i only drove it about the last 20 feet of its life up onto my trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.