Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 xlt (5.8 l)with quad shocks in the front. I have not seen many broncos with the quad shocks. Can anybody tell me anything about that package. What are the pros and cons of that set up

·
Registered
62 Posts
quad shocks come with 4wd but i'm not sure if it is limited to certain models because i have a 1987 eddie bauer with quad shocks in the front.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Snow plow prep package and the towing package came with four up front. I can't feel the difference between the 88 with four and the 92 with two up front.

Adrianspeeder

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
Snow plow prep package and the towing package came with four up front.
My 86 came with quad shocks and didn't even have a trailer hitch. Right along any heavy duty package.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
In 1990, quad front shocks were part of the Heavy-duty Service package. That package included the front quad shocks, heavy duty rear shocks, rear stabilizer bar, heavy duty battery (84amp-hr), super engine cooling (includes auxiliary trans cooler with the Electronic automatic overdive trans). When ordering a Trailer Tow package, that automatically included the heavy duty service package. So the quad shocks could be ordered on a truck without trailer tow pkg.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Back then Gack, buying the towing package ususally meant the truck was setup for towing, but unless specifically ordered, didn't necessarily come with the hitch

or the previous owner took it off

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
my 88xlt had quad shocks, but i only put 2 on when i lifted the truck

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
SrATEX said:
my 88xlt had quad shocks, but i only put 2 on when i lifted the truck
yeah, you don't have to run all 4 up front and in fact it would be better wheeling with just two. put the other two on when you are pulling a trailer.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
9bronco0 said:
What are the pros and cons of that set up
Pros: Shock manufacturers make more money.
Cons: That money used to be yours.

:toothless

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
yeah, you don't have to run all 4 up front and in fact it would be better wheeling with just two. put the other two on when you are pulling a trailer.

That is what I was told when we were installing the lift, i dont tow with it...wish i could tow the bronco though. Plus the kit only came with 2 front shocks :brownbag

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like my quad shocks. Sure helps when trying to blast down a washboarded gravel road. I guess just having a set of good shocks should help even if there is only two. Two should keep heat from building up in the shocks.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Versatile said:
I like my quad shocks. Sure helps when trying to blast down a washboarded gravel road. I guess just having a set of good shocks should help even if there is only two. Two should keep heat from building up in the shocks.
Yer like me, i run four because i like the way it feels compared to two.....don't need all four, but i put em in anyway.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I got the four up front and when I bought the Rancho shocks I replaced all six in my truck. That is the last time too. It just costs way too much. Every other truck I had came with only the two up front and I never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i got the factory towing package complete. front and rear sway bar, quad shocks. what appears more heavier duty springs in the back.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
snowfighter?

did you move Mr. Plows truck down to Jawjah?
Nope.

I'm the 3rd owner.

The original was a man in Tennessee, his wife sold it to my dad, who gave it to me in 1993.

It was originally bought (by the Lady's husband) at Riverview Ford in Ellijay Ga.
(Very near Tennessee)

The sticker is still on the tailgate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Driven both types, prefer the quad set up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts