Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buddy told me I need to lift the carb @ least 2 inches for more power and to use those "spining" spacers designed for quadra jets. I wanted to run it by yall first. I've definatly got the room under the hood just wasnt sure if it would really help or not. Thanks in advance for the advice/slap on the head :thumbup

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
There won't be much of a noticable gain in power, but you definitely need one, to allow the linkage to clear the intake runners. Any parts store Qjet-carb adapter will work

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so will it be any better than one of those normal square hole ones? He talked about a ram effect created by the spinning but it kinda looked restrictive to me.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Not sure what you're talking about, but I doubt one will be any better than the other, unless you built a race engine and are trying to get every little bit of HP

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
since they are all the same price Im just trying to figure if there is any amount of differance between them at all I might as well get the one that gives me .000000003 more horsies. By the way is 2" what I need to connect the linkage then?

the three options for spacers look like this

·
Registered
84 Posts
the holley "avenger" carb's are square bore aren't they (all 4 holes about the same size)???

what manifold are you running???.....assuming you have a square bore manifold, then I don't think the q-jet adapter will even fit, much less give you any "improvement"....

--B

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Running a Qjet on a squarebore intake, I've always used option #3. option 2 won't work and I can't see option 1 working very well either, with the fuel mixture being slammed onto the top edges of the intake's runners

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Im running the edlebrock performer square bore manifold and yes the TAs are square bore. the #3 pic is the closet I could find to what was at NAPA the actual title on the package was "adapter for square bore to qjet"

edit: oops you got to it before me

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, so you are basically saying the same thing as my buddy. I think with the both of you in agreement I'll just run the Qjet, since I know jack about this anyway.

now the question is, do I run 2 of those bitches on top of one another? or put something like option 1 on top or bottom?

·
Registered
84 Posts
davids78bronco said:
Running a Qjet on a squarebore intake, I've always used option #3. option 2 won't work and I can't see option 1 working very well either, with the fuel mixture being slammed onto the top edges of the intake's runners
exactly....

If you're running a SQUARE BORE manifold, and you want to run a SQUARE BORE carb......WTF would you want to run a SPREAD BORE adapter...
aside from the fact that its not going to work.....it just doesn't make sense...
no matter how you do it (if you could even get it to physically fit) its just going to be restricting air flow on one side or the other....

--B

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glad this topic got brought back to life, the fat holes are gonna line up under the secondaries on the TA right? I dont see why not but I always like to ask to be sure

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
hmm, somehow, I missed the carb you were using. I read Qjet, and thought you were asking about using a Qjet on a Performer intake :brownbag Being that the holley is a squarebore, as is the intake, then carb spacer #2 is the one to use

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn it! oh well I'll take that bitch back later today and get the right one. Thats the problem w/ computer talk

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just out of curiosity, and since this bastard is sitting here in front of me, what would happen if I just ran it? it seems that the volume in the spacer for the primaries are roughly the same, and the secondaries would be like pouring gas and air into a upside down funnel but since the opening on the manifold is so big anyway would it really make a diff?
I'm sure its a stupid idea but I gotta ask, thanks

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
No, it won't make any difference running the Qjet adapter, but if you had too, I'd run it the way it was designed to be installed, with the Qjet side up - altho, I doubt either way would make any difference in how it performed

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well I think Im just gonna run it then, if it screws up I'll throw it on Ebay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts