Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am in orange county. I am planning on buying a winch. I want to find a shop to make me a very basic, and cheap bumper. I have a super low budget. If anyone here can make me a bumper I can go that route too. I don't want anything special, I was thinking of just welding a plate in between the frame horns, and going off of that with a few tubes. Easy, cheap, and something just to finish off the bottom of the grill really.

let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What you have in that picture looks like a few hundred, at least. Good steel isn't cheap, and getting someone with enough skill to bend it and weld it together so it doesn't snap on the first use isn't cheap either. Remember, you are looking for a functional bumper, not a show bumper.

What's "extremely small"?

·
Cleaning the trails
933 Posts
In this thread is pictures of how I did mine. It took a few weeks since I could not work straight through. About $80 worth of metal

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hit up ed at the shop he will help you think of something. i was going to have jerad make me one but babys make money disappear
Well I don't have a baby, but bronco's also make money disappear. lol. Thanks

In this thread is pictures of how I did mine. It took a few weeks since I could not work straight through. About $80 worth of metal
thanks I'll take a look.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What you have in that picture looks like a few hundred, at least. Good steel isn't cheap, and getting someone with enough skill to bend it and weld it together so it doesn't snap on the first use isn't cheap either. Remember, you are looking for a functional bumper, not a show bumper.

What's "extremely small"?
Well I have no doubt in the fabrication skills of the shop. I also wouldn't mind learning a thing or two, but that's a whole different game.

I have a friend who said he could build something like that. He works at AC racing, but they do all aluminum, and they aren't sure if their bender can handle the steel. But that would be pretty much free beside material.

I was thinking 100-150. I don't make enough :(

edit: I had a hell of a time trying to "quote" you. It kept f-ing it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts