Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna order all new front end stuffs, was checking out Jeffs and saw the D44 rebuild kit, looks good. Had my Motorcraft TRE/Drag link/Ball joints priced out on rockauto.com, then I saw that JBG had them, as they say "OEM quality," and for cheap. Almost ebay chinese cheap. Anyone had any experience with the steering parts they're selling?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Gonna order all new front end stuffs, was checking out Jeffs and saw the D44 rebuild kit, looks good. Had my Motorcraft TRE/Drag link/Ball joints priced out on rockauto.com, then I saw that JBG had them, as they say "OEM quality," and for cheap. Almost ebay chinese cheap. Anyone had any experience with the steering parts they're selling?
call them and see who makes them. do some research on the company and then go from there. i've used the "oe brand" from parts houses and they have been great, but i haven't used them on any trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
plus the guy, I cant remember his name right now but I wanna say it was maybe steve, was extremely helpful and had tons of knowledge

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
I have a set on my bronco right now from JBG, they were cheap, and they bent pretty easily IMO the first time out on a trail, not hitting anything:

I called JBG and they called the manufacturer and they warrantied them this once since i have a modified truck...

anyway I did the knuckle under conversion soon after and haven't had a problem since. This seemed to clean up my steering as well. Steers straight and true down the road no vagueness or drifting.

so for what its worth, they seem to be ok, but seemed to bend WAY too easily for me, but might have been attributed to the larger PS pump, tires, suspension etc..

for a stocker they should be good.. if you have a problem they seem to be willing to help out so I will give them that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ordered a drag link and inner TRE from there maybe a half year ago (if that). I can't recall which one it was, but one of them did not come with the boot/grease zerk/cotter pin/nut. Emailed them to see if it was supposed to (since the other one did include those things) and they got back to me quick and told me they'd send the missing parts out. I ended up using those parts from my old stuff since I couldn't wait... and when I got the package they sent me a bag of like 4 crown nuts/cotter which wasn't what I needed or asked for (also the bag label said it was for some 70's model). No big deal, but kind of annoying. About a month ago my left wheel hopped a curb at like 10 mph and bent that drag link from them to complete hell. Next time I'll be looking into the 350 stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts