Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are experiences with the reproduction grilled and mirrors from places like NPD, LMC etc for 92-96? prices vary a fair amount and I’m guessing most is Chinese....any recommendations on where to get the best quality at a reasonable cost?

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,237 Posts
Im my humble opinion Jeff's Bronco graveyard has better quality parts. LMC stuff is ok, but falls behind in quality.

Im sure there are others on the forum that can give more in depth assessments.

·
Registered
124 Posts
LMC sells the same cheap Chinese crap everyone else sells but marks it up more and charges a crazy amount for shipping.

For grilles, I'd buy from Advance Auto using a 25% off coupon. I had to buy a new grille for 2 cars last year, and Advance by far had the cheapest price shipped. The painted grille and 2 headlight buckets for the Bronco was ~$50 shipped.

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
rockauto and ebay capa certified parts or good condition OEM used parts.

LMC and JBG is a relabeler and sells reboxed capa parts you can buy cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Anyone else have trouble not pronouncing it out loud as "Jeff's Bronco Javeyard"?

or is that just me? :p

·
Super Moderator
24,232 Posts
Yo Friscocrownie,
You have a 93, correct?
Search CAPA Database for parts @ CAPA Certified Auto Parts
It's down today, will probably be restored Monday.

○☆○
Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ https://owner.ford.com; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
The affected vehicles were previously repaired using a wiring harness that is not compatible with the vehicle circuit polarity. As a result, the fuse is located in the output circuit rather than in the intended input power feed circuit, and may not offer the intended protection in the event of an electrical short to ground. This could result in an underhood fire. Dealers will install a new wiring harness, or replace the mating electrical component. east302 provided following for his 93 "I found the recall information on alldata...didn't know it was even there so that's a plus. Mine has the updated harness with two fuses instead of one, so it looks like the recall was addressed correctly."
Use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different that the other years.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about desired modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example:
How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here is the 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf

1993 Bronco Dealer Training Video via silver70 @

1993 Bronco, Venezuela Commercial @

See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
See pictures & build info of each Bronco nominated.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
What are experiences with the reproduction grilled and mirrors from places like NPD, LMC etc for 92-96? prices vary a fair amount and I’m guessing most is Chinese....any recommendations on where to get the best quality at a reasonable cost?
Orillys auto parts Carry's the mirrors also
Orillys auto parts Carry's the mirrors t

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts