Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much voltage does the computer require?....ran into an interesting problem this morning....while attempting to drive out to the calico clean up we stopped at a Carls JR for food...pulled out of the drive thru and the bronco stalled,but it started back up...pulled up to my buddys vehicles to eat and the bronco would not start to save its life...I had spark and I could hear the fuel pump primering....but one battery was dead (been having problems with it) and the other was getting low, had it towed to the house and rode in a buddys jeep for the clean up...got home a few hours ago, thru a battery jumper on it and the DAMN thing started right up. So my thought was maybe there was not enough voltage for the computer to work.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
IIRC, they'll work down to about 10.5V.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

And it's gotta be at least that high with the load from cranking on it. You might have been just below that with cranking and that's what did it.

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have charged both batterys on a deep cycle charger...one is holding good but the other wont keep a full charge (what do expect its about 7 years old) started the bronco off and on thru out the day and have had no problems starting up....maybe it just didnt feel like driving out to Calico?....:banghead

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I wonder if maybe the one battery (assuming it is toast) is leaching all available voltage from the other, good battery

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
it shouldn't with the isolator in between them.
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted, but is there a chance it is faulty?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts