Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this 1988 bronco XLT with 120,000 mi with a 4" body lift, some suspension upgrades (which has been on the truck for a while) and 33" MT tires. The truck is in good condition with some rust forming at the fenders and a little the door panel. THe interior is decent as well. The owner is asking $3,500 for the bronco. What do you guys think? Im sorry i dont have pictures, but with that info i gave, is that a fair price? I am willing to pay $3K for the truck.

My other concern was the typical problems of that model/year of bronco. what do i need to look when purchasing the vehicle? It seems the truck has not been driven in a while due to the lack of co. sticker and plates. If i purchase it...what would be your suggestion with changing/replacing parts on the truck? The purpose of the truck is for winter driving and some daily driving/mild off roading. I would expect to not have any major issues with the truck for a while. i already have two cars and im single...so...no more hassles! Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,

To be honest, the 4 inch lift, it's just a guess, I am not totally sure. Probably it's a 3" body lift. I haven't talked with the guy that much, just for a few minutes over the phone.

It's a 302, and it's an automatic, i think is an E4od. I will talk to the guy tomorrow, so, we will see.

Thanks again, i might post again tomorrow after having more info.

Edit: About how long the truck has been parked, i think, is at the most 6 months. It has the inspection sticker that expires in June '04, but the county sticker and plates are not on it currently.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, we saw the truck, it runs and rides REALLY well. I am surprise that it hasn't been started in 2 or 3 weeks yet started right away despite how cold it was(and it is 18 F outside here). There was no smoke, knocking, or anything.

It has a C6 tranny. It seems that the whole drivetrain is inmaculate. The truck has been parked for just 2 or 3 weeks.

We tried the 4WD and no major clunks or anything wrong. The damn thing went up a little (60 degrees and 8 feet) hill like nothing.

And my girlfriend really likes it... hmmm.. i think, i will offer $2800 max $3K since it really needs to get body work done (rust).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.