Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 gauge pod to install, it has oil, temp, and volt meter. I thought I was all good to go to start the install, then yesterday I was reading a thread on here about another temp gauge install, some people were mentioning that just taking out the OE sender would mess up the computer. A couple of people asked about this, but got no clarification on the matter.
So I was wondering can I just get rid of it, and if I do what will happen, or must I do something else with it.
I don't mind if none of my gauges work either.

Thanks
Roman

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
Well, I believe, and will be corrected if I'm wrong, that there is a coolant temp sensor that sends info to the computer and there is temp sender(on top of intake) that is used for your gauge. You don't want to remove the one for the computer.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I believe, and will be corrected if I'm wrong, that there is a coolant temp sensor that sends info to the computer and there is temp sender(on top of intake) that is used for your gauge. You don't want to remove the one for the computer.
So if that is true I would be safe just doing away with the sender on the intake, and not touching the other one.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay guys I really need to get this temp gauge installed because I believe I have an overheating problem, but I don't trust the stock gauge.

Can ya help me out here.

Thanks
Roman

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so I started the gauge install. The first thing I did was to hook up the temp gauge under the hood, because I swear it's over heating on me.
When I got it installed it was only about a half hour since I had been home(took the bronco to the parts store so I could get a socket big enough) so I know it was pretty warm already. I let it idle for about 10 mins and the temp never got above 165.
Now I don't know what the hell is wrong. New water pump and new 195d tstat.

Thanks

I also forgot to mention I now have a check engine light on, after I unhooked the factory temp sensor.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So is this the sending unit, or does this one go to the efi computer.
There is one right next to it that is connected to the fuel rail.
Also if it is the temp sender why is it so nasty and greasy?

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.
I GUESS I SHOULD STICK TO MY RADIO FLYER!
WRONG SENSOR!

Thanks
guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts