Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
i think they might still do it if they were not altered early enough in life. dogs are that way. i don't think there is a way to stop that behavior once it begins, hopefully i am wrong.

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
I have been told that if they are not altered early enough they can still spray, but I can't say for sure out of experience. I can tell you that some of them have very high instinct to mark their property. I have two neutured cats and one of them still goes through all the motions but nothing happens (thank goodness). He is very attached to me and is always trying to groom my hair and sits on the back of my chair or anything that belongs to me, like by clothes, briefcase, purse, boxes, etc.

When I brought my dog's ashes home from the vet, I set it down for a minute and I turned around and the cat was laying on it. First time he ever got away with sitting on that dog, it was a bitter sweet situation.

Good luck.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stangmata50l said:
They don't "spray"...at most, they have accidnets in which case you pepper spray the cat. :toothless
But they don't deliberately spray, right.

Here is the deal, there is a cat spraying the wheels to all our cars. That by itself is enough to piss me off. But with the Bronco siting (not getting washed often) the cat piss has eaten threw the chrome on my Chrome module wheels. This is unacceptable. Not to mention that I will be getting new wheels for the Bronco, and in the next year my Mustang has to move back home (Chrome Cobra R's) Something must be done.

The damn thing even sprayed the Harley once. I've had Friends come over and leave there windows down and get the interior sprayed.

Unacceptable.

But, my mom has two female cats, both indoor and out door. I don't think it can be them "A. because there female" and "B. because nothing is sprayed in the house or back porch."

So I have a neighbors cat that I must deal with.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
stangmata50l said:
They don't "spray"...at most, they have accidnets in which case you pepper spray the cat. :toothless

peeper spray, and guns. stang, i like the way you treat cats,

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Oh, one more thing. Neutured men still spray, don't they?:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

No it is not the female cats, it is a "tom cat" for sure and they are marking the area trying to get the female cat attention. We had that same problem, UNTIL THE ROTTIE! Hahahaha

Live trap it and take it to the pound, the owner will have to have it neutured to get it back.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
FordFilly said:
Oh, one more thing. Neutured men still spray, don't they?:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

i'm sure none of us saw this coming. :doh0715:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Both sexes spray.

Unaltered cats often spray out of territory and sexual interests (as may some altered animals). Altered cats do spray but it's usually out of stress, new people, cats, other animals; unaltered animals nearby which are in heat and many other reasons. Altering at any age may still result in spraying.

You can stop it by giving the animal chemical therapy but that's usually to by time to figure out what the hell is wrong with your cat. If your cat is neutered, try giving the animal more chances to feel secure.

Saying please always helps, too.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
FordFilly said:
You do know that if you neuter a man, he'll get all sappy and depressing right?

·
Registered
127 Posts
FordFilly said:

I been neutered for a year and I still spray just fine !:goodfinge

And if shooting,drowning, or macing your cat don't work try ammonia.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there an easy way to tell a male cat from a female?

A neutered cat from a non neutered one?

I dont want to "fix" the wrong cat.
(And by "fix" I mean eliminate from the equasion.)

But no, I'm not gonna kill it.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
killing a cat is the best thing for it. it's like a chevy, they just get in the way.

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Telling an un-neutured male should have some big kahuna's. If you live trap them, you should be able to get a close up look. If you don't want to take it to the pound for the owner to be responsible, then find a big rubber boot.

Insert cat, head first deep inside the boot. Have an assistant hold it's little legs apart and fix the problem yourself. Hahahahaha, works great with baby pigs!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gacknar said:
Is there an easy way to tell a male cat from a female?
Umm.. looks for balls.
A neutered cat from a non neutered one?
Yep the ball thing again... big pouch on back... with balls in it.
I dont want to "fix" the wrong cat.
(And by "fix" I mean eliminate from the equasion.)

But no, I'm not gonna kill it.
Easier to kill it then catch it and have it neutered.

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
stepchild88 said:
killing a cat is the best thing for it. it's like a chevy, they just get in the way.
OKay, enough comments from someone with little to no experience with Puzi's!:twak

1 - 20 of 42 Posts