Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I pick up some 2" coil spacers for my 88 ttb will I need new axle pivot brackets? Right now I'm running 4" rancho pivot brackets, and want to shackle flip the rear and add just the 2" coil spacers up front. Would I need to buy the 6" axle pivot brackets to run the spacers? Searched and thought this has came up before, but no luck. Thanks...

Tom

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am planning on installing a leveling kit (leveling springs) on my 88 and have been told by someone that has worked in 4X4 custom shops and built over 15 Broncos that you can do 2" without any problems. However that is on a stock setup not one that has already been lifted.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
You have ~2" worth of lift with the stock setup. You can get the spacers and get the adjustable cam's you put in with the BJ's to get things working properly. they allow more alignment possibilities for the TTB arms' being further out of stock geometry with bigger springs then intended. So...50 dollar spacers and 60 dollar alignment cams + installation of the alignment cam's and the actual alignment.

Edit: It wouldn't hurt to try the coil spacers without the cam's. Just call around and make sure somewhere in town has them on hand, and talk to your alignment place and see if you can schedule an alignment in the morning, and possibly more time later if you need to get those parts.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I would probably just need the alignment cams for the spacers? Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts