Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your opinion on what I should do. I have subscribed to various 4 wheel drive magazines over the past ten years and have saved every one of them. My first Fourwheeler magazine is from 1993. I have Fourwheeler, 4Wheel & Offroad, 4X4 Power, JP, 4Wheel and Sport Utility, Offroad, 4Wheel Adventures, and a few other random magazines. I have these all stored in plastic storage boxes in a closet. Needless to say they are taking up a lot of room in there. Every once in awhile I will dig back thru them to find an article about something, but not very often. Here's the dilemma. Do I throw them all away and not look back, Do I keep them and keep adding to them, or Do I try to sell them off? I am very picky about keeping my magazines nice so the majority of them are in excellent shape. If anyone has any other ideas on what I should do post it up. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
I'm the same way. I keep my StreetTrucks and Car Craft mags.

A couple years ago though, I sold my Custom Classic Trucks and Classic Truck mags on eBay because I was out of the whole show truck scene without the '65.

I'd go through them and save the ones with decent articles that pertain to something you might do one day and sell the rest. I kept the mags with good classic Ford info.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
il take an august 05 petersons if you want to get rid of it. want another copy of my 2 page appearence.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
I would step back and look at what you've got for a second. A HUGE pile of magazines which are in near mint condition, and organized and stored properly.

Now, what can you do with them? Read them, but sounds like you've already done that. Most of the info in them can be found on the internet. They *may* become collectable one day, but who knows.

That being said, if you have the room to store them out of the way, keep 'em. its a part of your past in a way. If you don't have the room. Maybe go thru and pick out your favorite, or most desireable ones and sell the rest on ebay. Then buy truck parts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a big shed I could store them in. I just don't know how I would make sure they stay preserved, because my shed is not insulated. That is the only reason I have them in the house, it's clean and climate controlled. Does that sound like I'm being too anal about a bunch of magazines?

·
Go Navy!
710 Posts
HMMM All my mustang and offroad magazines accumulate somehow next to the family toilet. I swear that is where I do my best reading! :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
turp said:
HMMM All my mustang and offroad magazines accumulate somehow next to the family toilet. I swear that is where I do my best reading! :D
Me too. I've even taken over my wifes bathroom too. That's because it's very peaceful and relaxing.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Gtndrty said:
I have a big shed I could store them in. I just don't know how I would make sure they stay preserved, because my shed is not insulated. That is the only reason I have them in the house, it's clean and climate controlled. Does that sound like I'm being too anal about a bunch of magazines?
Get some nice rubbermaid boxes and put them all in that, then tape them all up or maybe lay a bead of silicon across the lid. I think that will keep them air and water tight out in the shed

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Buy a flat bed scanner.

Scan every article.

Organize electronically by topic.

Sell Magazines to make up for cost of scanner and new harddrive.

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Gtndrty said:
I need your opinion on what I should do. I have subscribed to various 4 wheel drive magazines over the past ten years and have saved every one of them. My first Fourwheeler magazine is from 1993. I have Fourwheeler, 4Wheel & Offroad, 4X4 Power, JP, 4Wheel and Sport Utility, Offroad, 4Wheel Adventures, and a few other random magazines. I have these all stored in plastic storage boxes in a closet. Needless to say they are taking up a lot of room in there. Every once in awhile I will dig back thru them to find an article about something, but not very often. Here's the dilemma. Do I throw them all away and not look back, Do I keep them and keep adding to them, or Do I try to sell them off? I am very picky about keeping my magazines nice so the majority of them are in excellent shape. If anyone has any other ideas on what I should do post it up. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
I did that and ended up throwing them all out. Most of the stuff in the mags is old news anyway or available better on the net now (and free usually). I would scan them for really good or interesting articles and can the rest. My dad keeps giving me 70's pop-mechanics he keeps finding around the house and the best part of them is the ads :twotu: .

BTW, if you have FourWheeler Magazine, could you look at Pg 64 of the April 2004 issue. I am told there is a picture of a narrowed 73-79 ford truck hood. I would like to see how the hood was narrowed.

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Gtndrty said:
I found the article you're talking about. It's not a very good picture, but if I can get my scanner to work sometime soon I will scan it for you.
OK, thanks, that would be cool. :thumbup

·
Registered
376 Posts
GtnDrty,If you decide to sell.I'am interested in the following Offroad mags. Nov-Dec of 1989. Jan-Feb-Mar-Apr-Jun-Jul-Sep-Oct of 1990.Jan-Apr-Jun-Aug and finally Oct of 1991.
TIA
Tim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts