Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bronco has clear ford factory turn signals in the front? i have never seen any other truck or bronco within 80-86 that has these. are these a special option? does anyone else has these?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,062 Posts
I'm pretty sure Broncos did not come with clear corners in '80, come to think of it, I doubt it was ever an option. Has to be an aftermarket.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they are ford turn signals. i made sure that it had ford oval and numbers and stuff. i was a little dumb founded when i found out that it was aftermarket cause of the ford stuff on it.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I'm with Jer, I never heard of such...Maybe it was some type of service vehicle???:shrug

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i bought it from the original owner last year and i found in his All State new car owners guide from 1980 the registration from the first year (1980) and it shows his name, the insurance agent all that crap. i'm still scratching my head on this one. maybe we should ask one of the real bronco masters and see what they think about it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've seen a few E-Vans from that era that had clear lenses with amber bulbs behind them, and I wouldn't be suprised if some of the very early Broncos came through with them as well.

Definately a rarity.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
another possibility, and this is something we do on f-bodies *camaros and firebirds* a lot is on the front marker lights since they usually get fogged over it to take them out and sand them, this makes the "fogging" go away and then you have to glue them back together and use some silicone to make sure water doesnt get back into them. It is possible that they did this. especially if the ford lights are like GM's and they hada coating on the inside of the light lense. and that is what you sand off.

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
I think that they were on some earlier 80-81 ford F-series and Bronco's, as there is a F150 down by our house with one clear lens and one amber lens

·
Registered
71 Posts
i got a set of the clear ones. they came on 1980's model f-250's. impretty shure that they came factory if you the grill that the go with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts