Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 5.8 BKO I have an O2 sensor that looks like and has the same connector as a brand new Bosch sensor that I have for my 2.9L 6 cylinder Bronco ll. Is there much difference between sensors for a six and an 8 cylinder, or could I replace the old eight for the new six? They are two different part numbers, but physically look the same, would it hurt to give it a try, or am I asking for trouble?
Tony

·
Registered
610 Posts
check the part numbers with autozone.com. From what i found, the ford bronco II, the 5.0 bronco and the 5.8 bronco all can use the bosche 13953 universal, bosch 15725, arvin 26523, arvin 26522. So i would say they are cross compatible as long as they have the same hookups to your existing wiring (some are 2 pin, some are 3, some are 1, etc) I know the bronco II temp sensors are also shared (I like being able to use parts i already have lying around, i used to have a bII)

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
O2 sensor... I'd just buy a new one, I know it sucks, because they aren't cheap, but it's one of those wear items that you never know the condition of, and it will impact you big time if something is goofed with the used one.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bronco4Life said:
O2 sensor... I'd just buy a new one, I know it sucks, because they aren't cheap, but it's one of those wear items that you never know the condition of, and it will impact you big time if something is goofed with the used one.
i dont think he has a used one. I think he has a new one lying around for another truck that he never ended up using.

I am in agreement...if you've used it, just get a new one. The ECU has values for when the sensor is new, and can compensate over time for reasonable wear. The ECU will have a nightmare trying to adjust for a used one and the engine will run like crud until its figured it out. for early car computers, the softwares pretty complex.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Considering all that the EEC does, to determine age compensation, is look at switching speed and amplitude, and how much new ones cost, I'd say as long as it's not BAD I'd use it. Then again, I'm poor as hell.:cry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.