Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my problem...I'm considering changing my auto locking hubs to the warn manual hubs. I called a 4 Wheel Parts store and asked them what all I have to do. They advised me that because of the TTB, That it wasn't possible.
Is this for real, or are they just blowing me crap?
Is it possible to just switch out from the auto to the manual without any problems ( so to speak )?
thanks for any info.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
4wheelparts told you this? They are blowing smoke. It blows my mind that they would tell you that you can't.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,196 Posts
do you have the three bolt pattern auto hubs? If so then you need to get the three piece nut and washer set. You can get them from Napa. I hear they usually have it in stock. I got mine from the stealership.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,297 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
IIRC the only ones that will have a problem to switch to a different type of manual lock out hub is people with the top hat hubs. Like me...:cry I believe if you have the top hat style, you must replace everything from the knuckle out (and stub shaft) in order to get better/easier to find lock out hubs. :cry

O well. As for 4wp, I bet you got some guy who had no Idea what he was talking about.

And yea, you can change over to manual hubs from your stock autos. Thats all I know about it really.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A GREAT THANKS

I'm really glad there are people out there that know what the hell is really going on. Thanks a lot guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts