Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a mid 70's 300 in my 85 bronco and need to know if there are any balance issues between the two? I think they are all internally balanced but I wanted to verify that. The 70's motor was in front of a manual and my Bronco is an auto. Thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
All 300 flywheels are the same balance, but buy the one that mathces the year and trans of the truck it is going into as there could be starter issues between years (but i doubt it).

Justin

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I can't use the flywheel, I'm leaving the automatic in. I just wanted to make sure the flexplate would work with the 70's block and that I didn't need to find one that was weighted different. I guess I worded it wrong. I guess I should have said is, are all years of motor balanced the same?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, It'll be nice to get the Bronco back on the road.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
nah, there are a couple other naturally balanced motors. the 90* v-12 is (it acts like 2 I-6's) and a good amount (if not all) horizontally opposed motors have a natural balance.

Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.