Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you run the wires for the lights? Drill a hole in the roof and then seal it off so it wouldnt leak, or did you go through the door or between the body and the top?

Dont know how i should run the wires. And I only have until 3pm thursday to get them wired and ready to go.

:popc1:

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
It's not wiring for a light bar, but I ran a CB antenna cable along the roof seam and into the cab like so...

·
Registered
473 Posts
I did this on my old 84 bronco. take out the dome light and you can run a snake from the floor by the seat belt mount up around to the dome light. you can catch the snake through the dome light hole with a piece of stiff wire. once you get the wire from the dome light to the floor the rest is easy. I would try and get the snake through before drilling any holes. you can also go from the rear speaker to the dome if the seat belt spot gives you trouble. actually the speaker hole is good place for light relays. that will keep your dash much cleaner

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I drillled holes. I didnt wanna half ass it by running it through the door jamb.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Mine were ran down the side of the bar and jamb then the hole was drilled behind the drip rail and the wires were ran inside will try to get pic later of where the bar was

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
I drilled a hole similar to JD's but I ran my wires through one hole.

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you run your wires first, so you know where they can be hidden. Or did you hook up the lights, drill the hole and then try and hide the wires?

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
I didn't try to hide anything haha, I just wired them up as clean as i could. Basically ran them all into a piece of wire loom and zip tied it to the bar and then busted out the drill and made a hole.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I ran them all so they were hidden behind the headliner and trim pieces.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
i drilled thru the drip rail and the weather stripping then ran my wires behind the trim all the way down to the switches in the dash. only spot they are visable are on the lightbar and the 1-2 inches between the weather stripping and drip rail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a prerunner style lightbar (very far forward on roof) and i ran my 4 lights into 2 wires and ran them down under my windshield trim and then under the wiper cowl, then under the hood..then did all the wiring under the hood..it looks great, u can only see like 2" of the wires showing..and it saves u from having 2 cut holes in your roof..something i would never do on my good bronco

·
Registered
272 Posts
I drilled one hole in the roof and Ran them all though that. Then used silicone caulking around it so it won't leak. then just ran the wires down inside of the plastic trim

·
FSM Lifetime
2,239 Posts
I drilled one hole in the roof and Ran them all though that. Then used silicone caulking around it so it won't leak. then just ran the wires down inside of the plastic trim
And how has it held up? I need to properlly wire my lund moon visor and want to do it like this, but I am a bit worried about leaking.

You likey?

·
Registered
272 Posts
And how has it held up? I need to properlly wire my lund moon visor and want to do it like this, but I am a bit worried about leaking.

You likey?
It's held up really great, and that's saying something with CO weather.

I have no complaints, and would recommend it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts