Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a warning DO NOT GO TO THIS URL AND ENTER YOUR PAYPAL INFORMATION! YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO! IF IGNORE THIS WARNING YOU DESERVE WHATEVER HAPPENS TO YOU!

Alright, I got the classic "email from paypal saying you've added a new email address but the link takes you to another website" email. What I want to know is how to dissect this address:
Code:
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=44831148:D1/CS=44831148/SS=44831166/SIG=11v8331g7/*http://3540687917/~matsumoto/paypal.com/us/webscr/index.ph p
(inserted a space at the end to prevent idiots from clicking. I really REALLY hope no one here is so stupid as to send their info to this site.
I'm curious as to what the "rds" subdomain is and what the S= CS= SS= and SIG== do. Do these do nothing except point to the askerisk later in the URL?

Yeah, anyway, that's why I'm asking, because I don't know how to dissect this and I want to learn :p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
will have an answer in a few minutes i have someone working on it

its a fish which is common. if you add stuff the the end of the domain you can make it go someplace else. in this case im guessing not a very good place. while not exactly relevent this shows useful info...check it out. this isa very common problem i am told.

http://www.netcade-lan.com/netcade/viewtopic.php?t=15

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what it is and what it *does* but I don't know how the URL itself actually works. That's what I'm wondering.

Thanks though, might be useful to someone who doesn't understand what the big warning is all about. :)

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Phishing 101 for dummies.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
More PayPal crap?

I get these pop-ups, sometimes several times a day, but ONLY when I'm on FSB. I've never bought, sold or transferred money using PayPal, so I always click on "CANCEL". In fact, my e-mail filter automatically deletes any e-mail with "paypal" included in the subject or sender fields. If you click "OK", you go to the senders site, which I'm pretty sure I don't want to do.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MyFullSize said:
Phishing 101 for dummies.
Try reading.

Marv, would you like a tutorial on how to use "Print Screen"? I cant' see **** in that picture :p

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
The "Print Screen" key on my keyboard doesn't seem to want to work. Some help would be welcome. Do I need to set something up in Windows?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hit "print screen" then open up MS-Pint or something similar and do a paste (ctrl-V)
It's kind of a pseudo-print screen function

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
The <PRINT SCREEN>, <SCROLL LOCK>, <PAUSE>, <SHIFT/SYSRQ> and <SHIFT/BREAK> keys don't work on my keyboard. :doh0715: It's a PS2 IBM M5-2 from Lexmark, made in Canada.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I thought you had to hit alt+print screen. Now I'm gonna have to see. Damn it is just print screen. Learn something new every day. Marv do your keyus have a lock button on them?? Some keyboards have a way to turn them off and on. Maybe only on the newer ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts