Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have used either durabak or lineXi nside their cabs, did you leave the cork type sound deadner in or did you grind/scrape it out? The only reason I ask is that the liner should adhere to it as long as its roughed up. I am probably going to remove it but thought I would ask. Thanks in advance.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,572 Posts
I scraped it off. Dunno that it ill stick to that stuff, and even if it does, it will probably make it alot easier to cut or potentially tear off.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
it wont stick i tested it out. it is a pita to scrape all that shit up too.

ken

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,965 Posts
Scraped it out, use a chisel and grinder to get the really tough stuff. These guys are right, it will not adhere very well if it's not removed.

·
Registered
940 Posts
that stuff also is not glued down 100%. there are big spots it could tear away from the metal.

i used a scotch pad on a stick in the drill to get the residue off after using a putty knife to scrape it up. best way i came up with.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I figured that it probably wouldnt work well if I didnt remove it. Plus I dont think it would look to good either but I thought I would ask before I finished up the prep work. All I have left now is to fill a few trim tab holes and reroute a wire loom and start grinding away.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
two and a half days. 1 day to scrape strip everything up, one days to fix all the rust holes, and remove surface rust, and half day to put the shit in.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,965 Posts
I took two days to do mine, one prep and the other to lay the liner down, you could probably do it all in a day, but those fumes will start to get to you even with the truck opened up the whole way. If you can, I strongly recommend taking the top of to do it.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
jermil01 said:
I took two days to do mine, one prep and the other to lay the liner down, you could probably do it all in a day, but those fumes will start to get to you even with the truck opened up the whole way. If you can, I strongly recommend taking the top of to do it.

I dont have too many brain cells left anyways, so I just decided to leave the top on. I didnt think the fumes were that bad. I do suggest taking a couple of days to do it tho. The more prep, the better.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
didnt take my top off either. fumes werent bad. i would trya nd let it sit for about a week before you drove it cause the fumes were bad then

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,965 Posts
Yeah, the smell was still really strong in mine even after 2 weeks. I'll tell you after it being in there for several months now, I can still catch a whiff if it get's hot in the cab.

imlikeojnow said:
didnt take my top off either. fumes werent bad. i would trya nd let it sit for about a week before you drove it cause the fumes were bad then

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
how does the liner do for sound deadening???

DC

It is louder cause there is no sound deadner on there anymore.

ken

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
i think if you get the thick rubber floor mats it wont be that bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts