Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a question for those of you out there running half doors . I've been working on a set for my bronco, and i've got them on but how did you guys make them easy to put on and off? Do you have any tricks for the hinges and pins to make it easy? It's not bad with the cut up doors, but with the full doors that weigh about 10 tons i can picture it being a pain trying to line up the holes and slide the pin in. So if you have any tricks let me know! oh and here's some pictures :rockon

Frank

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Nice doors, where's the latch release?

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
did you photo shop that paintjob?
cus pic 2 does match pic 1...
ace

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
i think pic one is a parts bronc?
it is filled with crap if you look inside

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys thanks for the quick replies and compliments,
Todd, i didn't like the looks of a latch release outside, and since when i have the doors on i'll just be jumping in and out i took the latches out of the door, and made a little strap thingy inside so i close the door, strap it tight with some straps like on a bookbag, and it keeps the doors nice and tight.
Ace, broncoorboat is right that was on the parts bronco, it's the one i got the doors off of, and that was the only close picture of them i had on my computer. The paint job is like that on the second picture, but this summer when i get out of school i'm going to repaint it and hopefully lift it, I haven't had the time or $$$ to do much to the bronco since my fairlane has been hogging it all for the past few years. Thanks again guys.

Frank

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
i gotcha- i was going to commend you on you rphotoshop skills...
id re-paint it too...
ace

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it was my first paint job and i picked WAY too bright of colors for the flames, had to learn the hard way that the colors don't look exactly like the little paint chips when it's on the car :twak

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
haha- yeah... same for houses...
i saw a charger with flat black base- then he came back with orange/yellow flames coming up the hood and about halfway intot he doors- then outlined them in a muted silver... looked ok... but i dont think he realized how bright the flames were going to be against the black...
ace

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah yellow flames on black stands out too much for my liking, i might just end up painting the whole car satin black like my fairlane, what do you think? it's not as flat as primer, but not as shiny as gloss...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts