Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of cleaning my throttle body and now that i have it off i see that from what i can see of my intake manifold is absolutely filthy. Im sokeing my TB in kersoseen but how should i go about cleaning out my intake manifold. And if i have to take it off and do the same with it how much trouble is it taking it off? Thanks guys. Charlie

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks and i should be able to get that at O'reillys?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Would it be possible to put seafoam in a spray bottle and spray it into the manifold? Feel free to tell me that's a retarded idea... I'm just happy to have an idea.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where could i buy the bg brand. I need the best i can get because the buildup is so hard in some spots that u have to use a screwdriver to chip it off.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, thanks guys but now i have another problem. My engine wont run with the air intake hoses off of the throttle body. It will idle for about 5 seconds then just go completely dead without a spudder and you cant rev it at all. Works fine with them reattatched but i cant spray the cleaner int here while its running if i cant have the hoses off so what do i do?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Use some electrical tape round the end of the straw to build up a good block. This will help prevent any air leakage around the straw. Tis a good idea if you have a MAS (Mass airflow sensor) that comes before the TB.

Another thing is, are those hosese vaccume lines? Are they trying to draw anything in when its running? if so then you need to plug the hoses while they are off. You probably have vaccume advanced timing and when you have a big vaccume leak (like pulling a 3/8" hose off the intake) can make the computer a little confused. I had a 1989 mazda 323 and the intake was designed very similar to that of the ford intakes. And if I had wither of these two (mentioned above) the car would start, chug a little, then die.

Hope this helps somehow.

Kyle

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it wont hurt the MAF?? I just bought a new MAF and really dont have the cash to take a chance of messing it up.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright I Have decided that i will just spray up in there the best i can and then put the tubes back on and run it then repeat.Also will seafoam through the brake booster line help clean the intake manifold??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come on guys. All you seafoam guys got to know it if will help clean it or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.