Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok after rerouting the fuel line, it still dies on me, so I began to think its a prob with the vaccum hoses but after looking at things yesterday I noticed that my pcv hose runs to the air cleaner and the hose from the oil cap runs to the carb. Isn't this supposed to be the other way around? Will it hurt anything? and is this what might be making it die?
Also do I even need the pcv? I don't have any smog laws to worry about here.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Yes, it is supposed to be the other way around - oil filler cap's hose to the air cleaner, and the PCV hose to the back of the carb

What problem are you having?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it seems that every time I floor it while Iam moving it will sputter and die but it only does this after running for about 10 min I can floor it while in park and it won't die
right after it dies I can just start it right up
but it won't stay running long after that, I can make a few loops around the field and then when I give it a lil more gas it stalls
I've tried adjusting the carb screws numerous times but keep having the same probs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have u changed the fuel filter? How long has it been since the carb has been completely rebuilt?

Mine kinda used to do the same thing but all i had to do was turn the idle up and the problem seemed to stop but it was never as bad as yours

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 new fuel filters and a carb rebuild only a year ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts