Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 eddie bauer and have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with. If im posting this wrong I apologize and feel free to cuss me out.

I have a 351w that did 542hp on the dyno with a carb. I would like to pull the stock 351 out for this motor but use the fuel injection. Can this be done easily considering the difference in HP? What all needs to be changed?

Along those same lines what do you guys recommend for a tranny that will handle that load? I would like to keep the overdrive.

Last but not least....I kept up with the wheel/tire/lift thread for as long as I could but it went way off track or else I just got lost. I really would like to do some sort of desert racing/coil over lift, maybe 4". will 35s rub if its mainly just going to be a street truck? What do you guys think of those types of lift kits for the fullsize bronco?

Thanks for any help you can offer:rockon

·
Registered
162 Posts
We need to know what kind of cam you are running. Theres only a few select cams that will work with ford efi.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 14ft motorcycle trailer that i like to run down to florida sometimes and would like to keep a fairly good ride on the highway while towing it which is why i thought i would like to keep the overdrive?

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I really would like to do some sort of desert racing/coil over lift, maybe 4". will 35s rub if its mainly just going to be a street truck? What do you guys think of those types of lift kits for the fullsize bronco?
As stangmata said, I'd hover around the Broncospeed section of the forum. They've got all the knowledge on this. Camburg does fabricate something along those lines, if you're willing to put up the serious cash...
http://www.camburg.com/fords1P4x4.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts