Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

First question I have, is about the slack in my rear driveshaft. I had my rearend replaced a few months ago, and the gears were perfect from what the tech said. However, there is almost a full rotation of slack in the driveshaft and you literally can push the truck back and forth about a foot or so in park. He told me that was normal for a detroit locker set up, so I was just wondering what you guys think? Anybody else have a det. locker with this problem?

Secondly, my truck has been vibrating/buzzing underneath the cab when I push in the gas. I cheched for any rubbing, it was all clear. I feels like it is rattling under the driver's side floorboard, but it may be originating from somewhere else? Does that sound like a u-joint possibly, or something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--Jeff

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Is the exhaust loose? Check the motor mounts and the trans mount.

I'm not sure about the slack in the rear.:shrug

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
not too sure about the slack and the locker?

as for the buzzing .. if is only under load/accelleration u joints is a good first guess ... check your driveline angles as well to make sure the pinion point directly at the driveshaft .. you will want that line to be as straight as possible or it could bind and wear out the u joints prematurely

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
I have a detroit in the rear of my bronco, and it does the same thing. I have also been told this is normal, and I am used to it now. With my C6 whenever I put it in gear, it bangs into gear pretty hard, and if I am on wet pavement, it will even chirp the 35's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SquattyD -- I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one! My tranny bangs really hard when I put it in gear (especially reverse) and with the shift kit, it barks the tires going into 2nd every time. I'm getting use to it, but everyone that rides with me thinks something is really f'ed up:D

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll have to check it out when I get a chance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts