Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started breaking down the interior of my bronco today so I could strip the rust and paint off of the floor and lay a fresh coat of rust bullet throughout. Pretty much trying to accomplish what "Bossind" did in this thread: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84272 so far I'm struggling to remove the seat bolts. I broke the rear most bolt for the rear clamp already and I'm worried about the others, any sugggestions :shrug ?

I did however get the rear of the bed exposed enough to snap some pictures of the rust and what not. The corners where holes typically form weren't too bad, but they are starting to come apart. I was going to strip the bed and rust bullet everything, but I'd like to know how you all feel i should tackle those parts without cutting them out and welding in new metal? also what is the best way to get the seam sealer off?

here are some pics of what I'm working with... sorry about the quality i was too lazy to grab the camera :goodfinge

[IMG=http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8520/imag0394r.jpg][/IMG]

also found this little guy under my carpet... hollow point .22

any comments or suggestions welcome :beer

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? trying to get the seam sealer up without lifting off any rust, not sure how to go about it.

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
416 Posts
I just used a wire wheel to get the seam sealer off my hood. I just grounded it down along with any surface rust in the area. Chemical strippers or naval jelly didn't do anything to the seam sealer. Just grind it out.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just a funny coincidence...found a .22 in my '81 when I was cleaning it out to paint it!!!! ...guess they go together!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts