Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a aftermarket cd deck right now but im about to buy a DVD cd deck and wanted to know how i will know if the one i buy will fit in my dash

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19081

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19185

also tell me what you think about these(which one should i get)
p.s i have subs and want them to still sounds good and loud

please let me know what i should do cuz i want it i just dont want to buy it and go to get it installed and it not fi

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
links not working... If its a fold in dvd unit, it will fit in the same space that an aftermarket cd player does. Why not just hook it up yourself. Most installers are going to follow the manufactuors directions to the T. this includes taking the safety wire and splicing it into the e-brake. That way you cant watch a movie when driving...(who does that?????). If you can ask the guy installing it see if he can just bypass that safety bullshit... I cant remember when i hookd mine up if that wire went to ground, or ignition...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Any 1DIN (single DIN) device will fit.

BXLT4x4 is correct, if you take it to a dealer to have it installed, they will and are required by law to hook up the neutral safety wire so that only static images (meaning no movies while driving/on screen animations/etc) will be on the screen if the truck is not in park or neutral.

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
Any 1DIN (single DIN) device will fit.

BXLT4x4 is correct, if you take it to a dealer to have it installed, they will and are required by law to hook up the neutral safety wire so that only static images (meaning no movies while driving/on screen animations/etc) will be on the screen if the truck is not in park or neutral.

there might be a good reason for this requirement...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
this is true. Installing it is fairly simple really. Go to Home depot and get yourself a $10 sodering gun. go to an electronics stock and get the wire harness for your truck($5) maybe. Then lay the wires out from the new harness and the harness for the dvd player and start hooking them up. If you get lost take a picture of both of your wiringharness and the dvd players harness post them up and ill tell you which ones to hook up. The soder is just cause i FLAWKIN hate electrical tape everywhere. Not to mention youll end up blowing more fuses like that....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
hey, both the dvd players on those links will fit. Try www.millionbuy.com they got a little better quality ones for about the same price.. I ended up getting mine at 6th ave electronics as a floor model for $1500 less then what they were asking for it....:shocked

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not sure how the dash is in the 92-96's but in an 87, a flip up DVD screen will not work. The radio sits back further than the HVAC controls so the screen cannot flip up al the way. It would work if the screen flipped down but I haven't seen any like that.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i just put a 7 in flip up in my 86. man was it a pain to clear the dash. i did an all custom install to get it to flip out and not hit. i love it so far. i got a cheap one tho. its a dual. it works and it gets me into the dvd scene

·
Registered
11,116 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have one installed in my truck! If the angle it wrong it hits the dash! ehh!
I got the 7" Dual unit! Its a few years old but still running good!
A buddy of mine installed it for me and bypassed the safety BS! Now I can watch the screen instead of the road :banghead. (it comes in very handy with the ladies :thumbup)

D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ever use a butt/barrel connector? solves that problem. :goodfinge
Thats very true.
Correction, you can either use barrel connectors, or solder the wires.....:goodfinge

1 - 13 of 13 Posts