Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as I understand it, I go to a junk yard, find a 1990-1997 F150/250/350, (including the super-duty variants?), pull it out, including the seat brackets down to the floor-bolts, and it will install, oem-style, into my 1996 Bronco?

It seems so simple, I almost can't believe it.

It looks like extended and king cabs are more likely to have headrests, on account of not having rear-window-smacking issues... but, otherwise, any specific styles I should look out for or avoid?

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
595 Posts
As I understand things, if it isn't a direct bolt in swap, there are provisions for the proper holes in the floor pan. best to pull up the carpet and have a look.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,655 Posts
There are two different seat configurations. One is std cab & crew cab, and the other is x-cab & bronco. So you can bolt in front seats from an x-cab but the others will require modifications, either to the seat rails, or your floorpan.

·
Super Moderator
26,089 Posts
Yo Brian,
Ensure at least passenger seat is a Front Folding Bucket Seat if you need that capability.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are two different seat configurations. One is std cab & crew cab, and the other is x-cab & bronco. So you can bolt in front seats from an x-cab but the others will require modifications, either to the seat rails, or your floorpan.
Ah, thanks!

Yo Brian,
Ensure at least passenger seat is a Front Folding Bucket Seat if you need that capability.
I've owned this Bronco since... 2006. In all that time, ZERO people have sat in the back seat. :)

I'm actually thinking about selling the rear bench, and seeing if I can get the rear footwell turned into an additional gas tank... although I suspect that would be a lot of cutting and welding.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, did a bit of research, found out what it will cost to refurbish a beat up 30 year old truck seat... So...

The most cost-effective option, given my own mechanical incompetence, seems to be these guys:
Home | Procar by SCAT | Custom Seating Solutions

Again, just to be sure, their "1995 ford bronco" seat bracket should fit my 1996 Bronco, correct?

(I'm sure these seats are not going to be handed down to my kids... but I need a driver's seat that has functional recline mechanism and doesn't need to be tied to the folded-forward rear bench for support.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the end, after doing all kinds of research and measuring, it looks like:
1; the Corbeau seat mounts have the slide-mounting-bolts on an 8"x11" pattern
2: this seems to be a common measurement for the aftermarket seat-mounting companies
3: Shop4Seats (the retail arm of Qualitex, it looks) has a large seat with an adjustable headrest, armrests, seat-heater, and it's available with leather and a "7 spring" seat base for fat-asses like me, so it should last.

it won't be cheap, but I won't be sitting in 30 years of someone else's butt-sweat and worrying if the seat-back will give out on me, again.

And, since the corbeau adapters fit rather well (I've already got one on my driver's side), I won't need to weld or be good at stuff to mount the chairs.

Thanks, all, for the advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts