Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 1988 Ford Bronco II with a 10" lift on 37's, with plans of daily driving it (10 minutes to work and back) and having it for a toy on the weekends. The previous owner had the truck set up for crawling so there is a lot of body roll when driving. Was wondering if anyone has done quick disconnect sway bars on their 80's Bronco and where they mounted to. I'll add better picture when I get a chance, thanks for the help in advance. Also, if there's another thread with this content please link.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
583 Posts
I just recently purchased a 1988 Ford Bronco II with a 10" lift on 37's, with plans of daily driving it (10 minutes to work and back) and having it for a toy on the weekends. The previous owner had the truck set up for crawling so there is a lot of body roll when driving. Was wondering if anyone has done quick disconnect sway bars on their 80's Bronco and where they mounted to. I'll add better picture when I get a chance, thanks for the help in advance. Also, if there's another thread with this content please link. View attachment 164410
You’re proooobably not going to get a lot of knowledge from this forum on the Bronco II from what I’ve seen being this is a FSB forum. Awesome rig though. I love these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’re proooobably not going to get a lot of knowledge from this forum on the Bronco II from what I’ve seen being this is a FSB forum. Awesome rig though. I love these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, I'll keep looking around. Thanks for the information.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,698 Posts
Well on our fullsize broncos, for the rear bar, the ends of the u-shaped sway bar mount to links dropped down from the frame. The long face of the sway bar mounts to the axle.

The front bar is opposite. The ends of the swaybar mount to provisions on the coil spring perch. The long face of the bar mounts to the frame.

@NickOille might have some pics or knowledge

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
943 Posts
So I see a 70’s radius arm and bracket, I’m guessing that b2 is on a full width 9” and Dana 44?
On my wife’s b2 I just replaced one of the axle side end link bolts with a hitch pin so it is easily removable. But it is still a TTB, mostly factory style on everything so a stock sway bar still fit.
More pictures of how the suspension is set up would help figure out what would work

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Super Moderator
4,811 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts