Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are proud to announce our partnership with Quick Fuel carbs and the custom built Slayers now available on our website (these are not stock settings like most vendors you'll find). Need something bigger or want to go EFI, give us a call.

https://left-eye-blind-racing-and-fabrication.myshopify.com/products/quick-fuel-slayer-600-cfm-custom-built?variant=42000741267

And for those that prefer black...

https://left-eye-blind-racing-and-fabrication.myshopify.com/products/quick-fuel-slayer-black-diamond-custom-built?variant=42002154003

Custom built to your ride, from engine specs, to vehicle specs, transmission type to elevation - every carb and every setup is different - these carbs are built to your specifications so they're ready to bolt on and perform flawlessly with minimal, if any, tuning.

Slayer Series street carburetors are designed with many of the same innovations and features that are built into all QFT™ race-winning carburetors, including changeable air bleeds and power valve channel restrictions. It's designed with a secondary metering plate with changeable jets, and features all aluminum components for additional weight savings. All Slayer Series carburetors are equipped with universal throttle levers to accommodate Ford A/T kickdown, GM 700 R4 mounting holes, and ability to mount brackets for Chrysler vehicles. Slayer Series are available in 450, 600, and 750 cfm vacuum secondary models.

• Vacuum Secondaries
• Electric Choke
• Single Metering Block
• Secondary Metering Plate
• Cast Aluminum Throttle Body
• Single Sight Glass Windows
• Changeable Air Bleeds
• Adjustable Needles & Seats
• Notched Secondary Floats w/Jet Extensions
• Available In 3 CFM Sizes

You will receive an email from us after you place your order with a detailed spec sheet to get your carb built specifically for your vehicle - the more info you can provide the closer to bolt on and go we can get you. Because these are all custom built please allow up to one week for your new carb to ship. All carbs ship with a build sheet with all specs included.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,568 Posts
These work good at angles and such?
I know you run them on mud trucks, which is close to what I do most of the time, but was curious if you have been out on the trails with them too? I know a carb is not efi, just looking for honest opinion on them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These work good at angles and such?
I know you run them on mud trucks, which is close to what I do most of the time, but was curious if you have been out on the trails with them too? I know a carb is not efi, just looking for honest opinion on them.
Sorry for the delay, I'd say the biggest advantages are the spring loaded needle/seat, jet extensions, upgraded floats and anti-slosh baffles. We personally run them in our rigs that see anything from street to mud racing to trail riding. You're right, it's not efi, but...there's a reason we run them, we recommend them and use them on every build, and it's because they just flat out work. At the risk of sounding too much like a salesman, they're flat out the best carbs for the money.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,568 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I run several of your guy's things and like the no BS approach of those items so I feel what your saying has more weight to it then just a "salesmen"
Most likely you will get a order from me for one soon. I like the idea of having it 90% or better of the way there before I even put it on.
I assume you guys sell the needles and jets and such for these as well since you custom build them?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I run several of your guy's things and like the no BS approach of those items so I feel what your saying has more weight to it then just a "salesmen"
Most likely you will get a order from me for one soon. I like the idea of having it 90% or better of the way there before I even put it on.
I assume you guys sell the needles and jets and such for these as well since you custom build them?
Thanks for the kind words, really means a lot. We're still hashing out the details of what will be available for sale on the website/to the public. But I don't see any reason why we couldn't get a customer the necessary rebuild items if the situation arose.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,529 Posts
What about those of us who already have a quickfuel slayer, is there an option to send it to you for modification? While I do have a QF slayer, it's not something I would do at this point (almost brand new), but possibly in the future. I understand there is probably not a huge market for this, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

By the way, I constantly drool over those engines you build. Very impressive!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about those of us who already have a quickfuel slayer, is there an option to send it to you for modification? While I do have a QF slayer, it's not something I would do at this point (almost brand new), but possibly in the future. I understand there is probably not a huge market for this, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

By the way, I constantly drool over those engines you build. Very impressive!
Technically yes...however, rebuild and tune is in the neighborhood of $250, plus shipping both ways...almost the cost of a new one.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,529 Posts
Ah well yeah I'd just buy a new one at that price, considering your price is very reasonable. Thanks for the response

·
Super Moderator
4,481 Posts
That's what I was curious about, as I have a QuickFuel carb as well and am trying to dial it in to my new engine. I'd love to get a base line of where I should start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts