Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting the engine back in and for some reason my alarm locked itself and the keys in the Bronc. My spare set is in Colorado and I am in Boston. I was hoping I could jump the rear window circuit to roll down the window but I don't know where it is. Can someone tell me if it is in the harness that runs under the truck? And if so what wire is it? Thanks for the help

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Call AAA then...open a vent window so if that happens again; you can get in.

There was a post here a looong time about about using a master cyl. wire to get in through the vent. OR just make a slim jim and open it yourself.

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
547 Posts
There was a post here a looong time about about using a master cyl. wire to get in through the vent. Bill
The trick is to use the master cylinder reservior cover bail to hook through the gasket on the wing window and push in the button, turn the arm and your in. The question is does a 93 have the older style castiron reservior or the new fangled plastic one.
Good liuck! :thumbup

·
Registered
276 Posts
I did this once and forced a piece of 8 gauge solid wire through the driver's side vent window gasket and hit the power lock/unlock switch on the passenger side. I didn't think it would work, but my gaskets were shot and it went really easy.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it. Thanks for the help though. I tried getting a solid wire through the window and hitting the unlock button. I had done that once before and it worked but it took me over an hour. Then I thought I could find the rear window wire. And I did. It's in the harness that runs along the drivers frame rail. I took my battery underneath with me, grounded it to the truck, and started plugging wires until I found it. Hell of a draw though. Wires got real hot. :chili:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yeah when my dad locked the key in the bronco in the woods when we were hunting. he broke the vent window. then when he went to get it fixed he found out that that window is more than the normal side windows. so dont break the vent window!!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey, congrats on getting back in. For the future just call me and I can get you signed up for AAA and then get a truck out for you to help get the door open. Cost for membership is $64.00 the 1st year then only $44.00 the years after. My # is 661-775-4221. And yes you can use the service the same day you sign up. No waiting period. Also, in case you need insurance on your Bronco and/or home then definately call me. Only those in So. Cal. area. Sorry to those not in that area. I know I'm pimpin' for business here at the expense of someone who was having a really bad day. But, hey I need to make some money so I can get my bronco the way I want it.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
MudMad said:
I know I'm pimpin' for business here at the expense of someone who was having a really bad day. But, hey I need to make some money so I can get my bronco the way I want it.
well then in that case, every one here should attend Cal Poly so i can get more hours making sandwiches for them...

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Just for further refrence the trick I use is to take two pieces of silverware (spoon, fork) bend the handles in to L shapes...slide them through the vent window trim, use one to depress the vent window button, use the other toflip the handle...works like a charm, and is easy on the molding. Usualy when you lock your keys in it's at home or around town...when I'm around town, I've actualy went to the dollar store and bought spoons...:toothless

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
Boulder, er Chris you doing all your engine work in Boston? That must have been some gas bill to get that thing over there. Time to wire up a set of spare keys to the frame, I got my spare set hidden and protected well. I was always worried about losing them when hunting.

Is it running yet?

dc

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.