Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NP205 with the adapter for the C6 installed on it. The thing is filthy and I want to take it somewhere and have it ran through a parts washer or something.

Does anyone know if it is sealed or will water get into the case through the hole in the adapter?

·
Registered
208 Posts
the Transfer case hangs on the bottom of your vehicle. it won't hurt it to get wet. have you ever seen pics of mud races? Take it to the car wash plug the hole and blast it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
No, but it it's off the vehicle it's easy to drain and refill. Stick a plastic bag or something over it and don't spray directly at it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ok, I was gonna have it hot tanked at a shop my friend works at.
What are you trying to clean?
The trans, the adapter or the transfer case?
None of which can be placed into a "hot tank" without complete disassembly.

Rubber will not withstand any punishment of the hot tank, so seals, will be shot, and since the hot tank will submerge the bearings into the cleaning solution,they will also fall prey to damage.

Unless you are going to take everything apart, you are going to have to rely upon good old fashioned elbow grease.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Or some spray on degreaser followed by a steam hose.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are you trying to clean?
The trans, the adapter or the transfer case?
None of which can be placed into a "hot tank" without complete disassembly.

Rubber will not withstand any punishment of the hot tank, so seals, will be shot, and since the hot tank will submerge the bearings into the cleaning solution,they will also fall prey to damage.

Unless you are going to take everything apart, you are going to have to rely upon good old fashioned elbow grease.
:beer That's the info I was looking for. That's kinda what I was thinking too.

Ok, thanx all.

-Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts