Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to ship my saginaw pump off today, to get some work done on it, so I can run a Hydroboost setup, hydro assist setup, and a remote resevoir.

Here's what my current pump looks like:

I need the top sealed(welded)shut, with a nipple attached, in order to run the remote resevoir...Similar to this chevy van pump:

Here's a pump from a '91 F450(or whatever the hell they're called). It has the return line(from hydroboost back to the pump) fitting on the front of the resevoir:

That is the other fitting that I'm gonna need welded into place. Does it need to be in pretty much the same place, or can it be installed anywhere on the resevoir? I have room on the front of the resevoir, but not as much. There are alot more convienent places to put it.

I'm thinking it doest really matter, b/c it's just a return line, but I wanted to double check.

Thanks in advance.:beer

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
I would keep it at least halfway above the pump like the back of that saginaw is. It would seem like the nipple you want put on the top would be like a return line too. I am curious as to what you are connectin the top to or is it a going to be forced back into the top?

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
If you are going to add a remote reservoir then why don't you just dump your Hboost return line in to that directly??

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
badass1tonf100 said:
talk with the guys at west texas offroad they can help you out or call psc directly and questioned them
I've already talked to the guys at west texas, but I should give them one more call...Couldnt hurt.

bmc69 said:
If you are going to add a remote reservoir then why don't you just dump your Hboost return line in to that directly??
I'm already getting the fab work done to the pump. The resevoir comes from a chevy van, and doesnt have an extra port for a return line. That of course would mean more fabrication. It could be done either way, but this is the route I'm taking.

85f150 said:
I would keep it at least halfway above the pump like the back of that saginaw is. It would seem like the nipple you want put on the top would be like a return line too. I am curious as to what you are connectin the top to or is it a going to be forced back into the top?
The top is for the remote resevoir. I'm copying Raf's(Bronkzilla) setup.
Here's the resevoir, and how it's mounted.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here is what I am in the process of doing. I am also going to do hydroboost and hydro-assist, I got a saginaw pump for 76 Merc. Grand Marqui(sp) w/hydroboost. The pump already has dual returns on it, you can run the return from hydroboost back to pump and hydro-assist return through cooler and filter (if you wish) to resevoir then back to pump. That is kinda my plan as of now, may change alittle by end of project.

I'll post a pic of the pump later if anyone wants me to.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
desertrat_666 said:
Here is what I am in the process of doing. I am also going to do hydroboost and hydro-assist, I got a saginaw pump for 76 Merc. Grand Marqui(sp) w/hydroboost. The pump already has dual returns on it, you can run the return from hydroboost back to pump and hydro-assist return through cooler and filter (if you wish) to resevoir then back to pump. That is kinda my plan as of now, may change alittle by end of project.

I'll post a pic of the pump later if anyone wants me to.

Good info.

I'd like to see the pump.

Edit: Nevermind. The pump should look something like this, right?

I think it fits old lincolns, and T-birds possibly.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
badass1tonf100 said:
go with a psc pump and they use a remote resavior.... check out dogonmut thats what he's running

West texas informed me on the pumps, that AGR and PSC use, and Lee's agreed. It's not worth paying all that(IMO). I can get the one I have rebuilt, with the upgraded pressure/flow, and the welding, for a fraction of the cost of those pretty units. As far as the resevoir goes. If Raf digs his up for me, or even if I have to get one from a wrecking yard, $20 is alot better than $100+.

I'm not saying that AGR and PSC dont put out great products, but I know it can be done for less, than what you'd spend with either of them.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
derrick36 said:
Good info.

I'd like to see the pump.

Edit: Nevermind. The pump should look something like this, right?

I think it fits old lincolns, and T-birds possibly.
That's a big 10-4..and that is the one I'm running on my rig. Mid to late 70s Lincolns have them, on 400s and 460s both.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That's a big 10-4..and that is the one I'm running on my rig. Mid to late 70s Lincolns have them, on 400s and 460s both.
Will that bolt up directly? I'm thinking of doing the Sag swap and hydroboost at the same time. Or will I need a different bracket for the pump as well?

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will that bolt up directly? I'm thinking of doing the Sag swap and hydroboost at the same time. Or will I need a different bracket for the pump as well?
I wanna say that it wont fit in the stock e150 bracket, but I'm not 100% sure. It looks a little wider then the pump I have, and with the way it sits, it might cause problems.

If you can, I suggest buying the bracket seperate, and then running down to the parts store or wrecking yard, to try and match them up. It may be something that can be taken care of with a grinder...It may not.

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts