Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
They were about 1.5 years ago. I flew out of Ontario to Phoenix for a hockey tournament. Placed it in the tray, together with wallet, shoes, keys. Mr. Security guard handed back without questions.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
I just flew last week, we had 2 digicams and a video camera. Also take any film and do not pack it in regular luggage or you just wasted your money and memories

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
were the frequent business fliers still going through security in t-shirts, shorts and flipflops? that is what they were doing last year. then they would get into their suits after the checkpoint. at first i thought it was funny, but when i saw people getting yanked out of line and strip searched anyway i realized the validity of that plan. and i felt so much better watching those cross-eyed, in-bread security workers shaking down some grandma.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Also take any film and do not pack it in regular luggage or you just wasted your money and memories
What is this film thing you speak of? :popc1:

I use these thingys...

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
I didnt own a Digi when I was deployed so I had 13 rolls of film that I purposely neglected to get developed before I got home, going threw LAX they had a big sign so I pulled all the rolls out and carried them on, it wasnt fun finding them all:rofl: Fast forward 3 years and I have forgotten all about it till the counter person mentions it at Orlando. I tell my mom since she was taking home a disposable to mail to my dads cousin since she forgot it and they were pics of her mom's (my great aunt's) memorial dinner and family reunion. My mom says "That must be why kids come back from Iraq and claim there rolls of film must have been zapped in customs"

A few people still use film, I am not one of them anymore

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Just make sure your batteries are charged up.

Occasionally, an over zealous checker will ask you to turn it on to prove it is real.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Airport security is retarded. They make pilots go through it. HAHAHAHAHAAAAHAA

Why doesnt anybody stand up and ask them wtf this accomplishes? Some pilots can carry guns now, but we better make sure they dont have matches, paper clips, nail clippers or box cutters!!! HAAAAHAAHAHAHAA

Some people (who make these rules...) are sooooo stupid.

Idiots. All of them.

Rant over. Maybe.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
i get away with taking my knife on board in my carry on. they tried to take my dad's one time but he put up a big ass fight about it and they finally let him take it.
HAHA OK....whens the last time you flew? 1963?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
March 10, 2006 was the last time i flew. i have flown more in the past 4 years than my parents and grandparents have in their life combined. the first time i flew was August 5, 2002, i was on my way to boot camp.

Airports i have been to many times

LAX
Bush Intercontinental
IAH
DFW
New Bern
Charlotte
Raheligh/Duram
New York
Yuma
El Centro
Atlanta
Somewhere in NJ
Chicago
Denver

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
I agree they can get a bit over zealous but if something happens again the first question will be " How did they get through security?"

We flew from Philly to Orlando for vacation last year and everyone had to take off our shoes, even my kid, I didn't know 7 and 10 year old girls were a shoe bomb threat.

They also made a Marine in uniform throw away his disposable razors he had in his carry on bag.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
mabey im just luck about getting through with my knife. i was traveling in my Alphas one time and i had to take my blouse and core frames off to get searched. then a security came over and yelled at the other guys searching me, told them to let me go. i saw that the guy yelling had a Marine Corps tie clasp on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts