Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad is saying that a six inch lift with 36 inch tires will break alot of u-joints is this true?:twak I know i need to extend the drive shaft.

THanks in advance

·
Registered
593 Posts
"a lot" means different things to different people.

a six inch lift with 36's should be alright

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
THE_REAL_ RAINER said:
My Dad is saying that a six inch lift with 36 inch tires will break alot of u-joints is this true?
Which u-joints?

THE_REAL_ RAINER said:
I know i need to extend the drive shaft.
Well then you know somthing no one else does.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i was told 6 was the most you could go i know i was over 6" and running 40s. my driveshaft swap was due to me not the lift. i went to swap out the u joints and broke the double cardion center pins. so i called high angle and jessie made me a shinny new stronger shaft (for the bronco).

mike

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gacknar said:
Which u-joints?

Well then you know somthing no one else does.
The stock u-joints, he said they may not be able to handle it.

I thought i read somewere that i needed to extend the drive shaft. Oh well i guess i know now. :banghead

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
THE_REAL_ RAINER said:
The stock u-joints, he said they may not be able to handle it.
The ones in the rear of the rear shaft, the ones in the Double Crdan, the ones in the front shaft or the ones for the front axle at the stub shafts?

Either way if your carefull you shouldn't have any problems. If you offroad hardcore you can break anything.

Unfortuanatly it's not as simple as saying a certain size tire will brak things. It has a lot to do with usage and driving style.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts