Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Southwest Chapter
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my first write-up. I wanted to be able to take my doors off for weekend hunting trips but need them on for the weekdays. Found this write-up through ColoradoK5 :brownbag Sorry guysd but couldnt find a Ford one. Thats why i decided to write my own for broncos. Write-up doesnt have finishing touches cause my camera ran out of batts. But i will put them in soon. Anyways here you guys go.

Quick Release Door Hinge Pins

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
possible to check with a local j/yard and see if you can get wiring plugs from a newer vehicle...i know hondas have a plug between door and pillar...you might be able to fine one with enough wires that you can splice on so that you only have one big plug per door.

·
Southwest Chapter
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i was trying to find one, radios shack, auto parts store nothing. But ill check the hondas but first maybe ford dealership might have the same thing????

·
My Ass Is A...
985 Posts
Nice write up...for the wires I'd go get an assembly plug from Radio Shack...then only one large M & F end on each set :thumbup Excellent job though

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks good but there has to be a better way to do the wiring

·
Registered
133 Posts
I saw some connectors on 4wheelparts that automaticcaly connected the wires when the doors were closed, the disconnected them with them open or doors off. Kinda like some of the new mini vans.

·
Southwest Chapter
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AKBearMoose said:
Nice write up...for the wires I'd go get an assembly plug from Radio Shack...then only one large M & F end on each set :thumbup Excellent job though
I tried radio shack and all they had was single connects. I'll try the ford store and radio shack again tomorrow and see if they havfe anything.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
there actually is one connector for half of the wire bundle inside the kick panel on either side. but thats only for 1/2 of the pack. the other half runs behind the gauge cluster and is hard wired into the wiring harness. so i just cut those and wrapped them in electrical tape

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
i don't see a problem with using those bullet style connectors, just takes a little longer to plug up and remove

You should be able to find a couple of molex connectors with enough pins to wire everything up with

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have used the ones beisel1111 showed, but I bought them at radio shack and it said they were only rated for something like 4 amps, I have 20 going through them with out any problems, they are kinda pain to install...deffinatly sauder them if you do. They also have weather "tight" ones at jegs for a little bit more.

·
Southwest Chapter
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didn't have time to go to radio shack and look again. But like i said im taking the doors off this weekend so ill try to find some of those and then install them when iput everything back together. Thx guys

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
twiztid juggalo said:
I saw some connectors on 4wheelparts that automaticcaly connected the wires when the doors were closed, the disconnected them with them open or doors off. Kinda like some of the new mini vans.
Yeah, but then you have to have the door closed to roll the window up/down or lock/unlock the doors. Sounds like a hassle to me (I enjoy my power accessories).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Beh, just go to the junkyard, look under the hood of any EFI Ford, theres a bajillion 6 pin and up connectors in there, cut off, wire-in, heatshrink, Done.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
96broncoman said:
no opinions on this idea?
What's the problem with unbolting everything? I am sure you could get in there with a sawzall.
Anyways, thanks for the write up. I took the doors off my '84 and that was a bitch. I plan on doing this mod to my new bronco.
-Casey

1 - 20 of 24 Posts