Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I only Drive the bronco on the weekends so I park it during the week. Well I have the top off and I havent cleaned my garage yet so I park the truck nose out to the ass end isnt towards the street I have an inclined driveway so im at a slant. when I got home from work yesterday I noticed that there was a puddle of oil under the truck not just a little but enough where it ran down my driveway in a 2" wide by 1' long. so I drove the truck last night and everything was fine parked it the same way and this morning dry as a bone and yes there is fluid in it.

Any Ideas ?? Oh yeah It did this like a year ago never did it again till now.

tranny is an E4OD

thanks guys.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
was it tranny fluid or oil? Did you ever have a leak? I had a rear main leak in mine for the longest time and when i replaced the motor there was about 1/2 quart of oil in the bellhosuing from it.

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh its red that was the first thing I thought. But I crawled under the truck Saw smelled tasted. its tranny fluid.

·
Registered
610 Posts
not sure on the 5.8, but it seems if i had a little too much (or hot fluid) in my trans, it would pour out of the dipstick tube. but then again i'd probably have to turn the thing all the way over for that to happen.

maybe you had it hot and the incline got it just to where it could pour (or leak) a little out. feel around on your trans and see if theres any wet spots around the pan seal or somewhere that it was leaking from

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had it barf some fluid out when towing which is normal (i guess) but this came outta the rubber plug on the bell.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive seen tranny seals start to leak in cold winters, then swell back up and seal as soon the vehicle starts moving and they get warmed back up.
Now that I think about it, AZ with the top down, this probably isn't the problem :doh0715:

·
Registered
610 Posts
wakeav8b said:
Ive seen tranny seals start to leak in cold winters, then swell back up and seal as soon the vehicle starts moving and they get warmed back up.
Now that I think about it, AZ with the top down, this probably isn't the problem :doh0715:
actually you might be on to something. He did say it frosted over that night. it does get cold at night in AZ...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think it's just marking it's territory:rofl: anyway, check the place where the tranny dipstick enters the trans. best thing to do is just look thru the whole underbelly and check from top to bottom. If the leak stopped, don't worry about it much. but if it keeps doing that more often, start thinking of doing gaskets/seals. that's just me though, i want to stay on top of things that way it doesn't fail on me when i'm depending on it.

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stangmata50l said:
You either have a front pump seal going or it was leaking out the pump vent from being on the incline.

Put it on level ground and make sure you are right on the money with your fluid. If it didn't puke while driving, then I wouldn't worry about it being a pump seal....but keep your eye on it.

This sounds like it I think your right stang it hasnt done it sense. and I did build the pressure up that night when backing it up the driveway. Ill just watch it.
thanks all

·
Registered
869 Posts
It cost me 150.00 to get the seal replaced, after I dropped the tranny and bought the seals. Too it too a good trans shop, he did some upgrades on the pump thingy, drilled out the flow holes and stuff like that.
He said it would help the E4OD pass fluid better and run better.

i just didnt feel like messing inside the tranny again thats why i took it into the shop to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts