Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who care, I tried to quit smoking on August 30.....AINT HAD A CIGARETTE SINCE THEN! I do want one though, I guess like AA, I will always be a backer addict....:banghead

That is all. I now return you to your regularly scheduled broswing!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Great to hear! I've been smoke- and tobacco-free for exactly three years this week. :chili:

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I quit about the same time. GF hates it, and that helps. I really don't like the smell of it now, and it bothers me to be around it if I'm not hammered. I do want one when I am, but just remember that it has sucked to start quiting (First weekish or so) so it isn't worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Outstanding! Keep it up! I quit last July, cold turkey. It is not as easy as some people may think.
:thumbup:thumbup

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
i never smoked, but im helping my friend who smokes religously for the past 6 years. i guess im like a sponser. im making a calender of how many cigs he can smoke a week, and slowly cutting it down week by week.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,873 Posts
I quit quiting a few years back and I've never been happier! :goodfinge

Congrats Pete! :thumbup

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thnanx guys, the Nurses at NICU put me on the program....bottom line, at my age it was time.....

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Good going, keep it up.
I quit about mid October, 2004. Started up this last june, after almost killing myself at work, then quit again after about 3 months. All is good now.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Congrats! And good luck, Its not an easy road my friend.

I had my last one on July 7th at 1:00 PM 2007. Cold turkey, put em down and I have not touched one since then. The first 6 months are a bitch, It gets easier after but the addiction never goes away. I fight it everyday and I get urges but do not let them get the best of me. Thankfully they seem to pass much quicker now than they did at first.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
It justs keeps getting easier the longer you go without it and replace it with other habits. Keep up the good work.
:histericaI gave up one bad habit for another. I eat a lot of candy now.:thumbup

So much so, that I have had several people ask me if I was diabetic.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,558 Posts
congrats pete :beer:rockon and to everyone else who has kicked the habit, i've never smoked cig's but been around those who do all my life and see how damaging it is and how hard it is for them to quit, i am happy for those of you who have been successful :beer:beer:beer

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Thnanx guys, the Nurses at NICU put me on the program....bottom line, at my age it was time.....
Good move Pete

probably add 10 more years onto your sentence here on earth;) There's plenty to be lookin' forward to and you're taking steps to make sure you'll be here for it.

Keep up the hard work:beer

Sixlitre

p.s./
Be sure to substitute the habit with more beer drinking, over eating and dangerous sex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts