Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 F-150 and i had a ttb lift in it and then i had tons of trouble so i got a 79 soild axle with arms i cut the arms short to go into the 93 r/a brackets now when i tighten everything up the coils bow out i think that the arms are pulled in to much so i was thinking that i should put a long arm and get rid of the r/a

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
you did what?!?

Go get another set of 79 radius arms, and move the r/a brackets back on the frame until they're at the correct position for the arms. Better yet, use the 79 R/A brackets, too.

Which coils are you using? Some coils, such as the Superflex, tend to bow more often than others. Search "coil bow" and see what other members have done to remedy this problem....

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
:stupid If it hasnt been done by anyone else on here then there is probably a good reason for it.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
umm....why would you do that.... :wacko

longer radius arms make for a better performing vehicle... i hope you smack yourself... do you have a track bar? or did you decide to skip it to avoid making or moving anything else....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now should i make the arms with a heim joint instead of a r/a bracket and bushing for better travel and flex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts