Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled my brake code that caused my abs light to come on. And its code 4that
Open or Shortened Valve switch or harness.
I don't know what that means. Does anyone know and if so wheres it located and what would be my best solution.
I have searched for pictures and diagrams and keep getting nothing. Well nothing useful.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,392 Posts
That switch is part of the RABS valve itself. On my 90 the RABS valve is located on the inside of the driver's side frame rail, sort of under & a little forward of the master cylinder. It's a cast looking piece with brake lines, a bleeder, & a short group of wires to an electrical connector.

Is your Red Brake light also lit? If so, there's a few tests to run before tracing down the code info. Click on the "Common Replies to FAQs" link in my sig & go to post 8. Section "C" has you check a few things before following Code 4. If those are ok, Code 4 tells you that there is a problem with that switch, the wires running to it, or the RABS module itself. There's a testing routine for code 4 to pinpoint the problem down lower in that same post 8.

If the Red Brake light is not lit, then section "D" tells you to go straight to the Code 4 tests.

This thread: Brake and Rear ABS lights on also has some info & more code links, including a pic of the RABS valve in post 20.

·
Super Moderator
26,951 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts